Malware on forum?

YIKES! I think my knee-jerk reaction would've been to tell him there isn't anything on the internet worth seeing for that kind of money.

I haven't heard back from the tech I've been emailing yet but if I do I'll post it on HS, as it seems you have better luck there than here. In the meantime, maybe ccleaner can clean up the registry issues?

Ken

Ken,

I have C-Cleaner and use it all the time. It doesn't find any issues. I had to disable my Avast protection to get in and post this time, but in my previous post I didn't have to do a thing. There ya go!

Tom

I have the exclusion active, still get the warning. but can surf on the forum now. Most of the icons are gone, everything (like quote, insert image, etc) is now a text link and do not work for me.

But hey I can visit the forums again.

Edited by Mad Viper

I have the exclusion active, still get the warning. but can surf on the forum now. Most of the icons are gone, everything (like quote, insert image, etc) is now a text link and do not work for me.

But hey I can visit the forums again.

It's gotta be something on this forum (specifically the ad at the top of the page) that is causing the issue. I get issues with Avast and with my company A/V program. Wish someone from ARC would jump in and take a look at this.

I had the same problems with my parents' laptop (running Avast!). Thought that Avast's warning was rather generic, as it just said it had detected malware, but wasn't really more specific other than the basic URL.

No problem on my desktop PC (running AVG), thankfully.

Edited by ChernayaAkula

I have the same problem (running Avast). Rather than disabling the protection, you can access the forum by using some proxy webpage..

E.g. you can use hidemyass.com and c/p the ARC forums link there and view the page normally. The login obviously works, too, though I don't know if there's a potential threat of them finding out your login details.

Edited by ijozic

Now I'm running the forums normal. Don't know what happened but everything turned back to normal. Still have avast on the laptop, can't remember an update as of today or yesterday and using the standard URL. only thing that's different is that I'm using the wifi service of a German hotel rather then my own home connection, but don't think that's the solution.

Edited by Mad Viper

Now I'm running the forums normal. Don't know what happened but everything turned back to normal. Still have avast on the laptop, can't remember an update as of today or yesterday and using the standard URL. only thing that's different is that I'm using the wifi service of a German hotel rather then my own home connection, but don't think that's the solution.

same here, finally able to get back online