The 1/48th scale Kfir Showdown

Had trouble deciding what to do next, but since I got the Kfirs on the table already from my little comparison of the two manufacturors, why not do a double build?

I might be crazy doing this since I usually just do one project at a time....but it was so fun comparing the two I ight as well continue doing so :P

Here´s the Kinetic box, I´m going to make an Israeli C7 out of this....with loads of bombs :D

IMG_0597_zps9b8a57ff.jpg

And here´s the AMK box, it´s noticably smaller and contains fewr parts.

IMG_0599_zps743a6b16.jpg

I´ll be making an Ecuadorian C2 out of the AMK kit

IMG_0600_zps8004474b.jpg

I started with my usual routine of impaling parts on toothpicks...

Here´s the AMK parts awaiting primer...

IMG_0601_zps9e5fa923.jpg

And here are the Kinetic bits...

IMG_0604_zps584777e0.jpg

I started comapring the parts and noticed something very strange....well obviously tha parts look different butthe difference in size really jumps at you!

How weird!?

The C2 Martin Baker bang seats next to oneanother...the AMK seat is much larger!

IMG_0606_zps5a41c1e0.jpg

IMG_0607_zpseb20635f.jpg

Same thing with the C7 seats...

IMG_0609_zpse63f7b10.jpg

As are the cockpits...

IMG_0611_zps495cf6fb.jpg

More in part 2

Part 2

I kind of liked the Kintetic MB seat better than the AMK one....but it looks a bit smalish in the AMK pit :P

The AMK won´t fit at all in the KInetic pit ...

IMG_0612_zpsd6ce9e75.jpg

A thing I liked with the AMK was the sidepanels...that are replaced by injection marks in the KIntetic :P

IMG_0613_zps39f8f915.jpg

HAving fun comparing I just had to tape the fuselage halfs from each brand to eachother :D

Actually they matched better than I thought....overall lenght is exactly the same some panellines doesn´t match up tho but that´s all.

IMG_0614_zps648cb7c9.jpg

IMG_0615_zps7669fa65.jpg

IMG_0617_zpsaf4815c3.jpg

IMG_0618_zpsa917ec42.jpg

Well enouff fun, time for business....

Primer on.

IMG_0620_zpsb2f25fda.jpg

IMG_0621_zps25cb8c4f.jpg

Next it´s time to start playing wiht the pits :D

Cheers!

A double paternity leave build...did your wife have twins???? Can't wait to see more of your comparison build.

Cheers,

Dave

Awesome build with comparison along!

Eric

Thanx Eric :D

A double paternity leave build...did your wife have twins???? Can't wait to see more of your comparison build.

Cheers,

Dave

LOL almost, called pseudo Twins when there´s only 16 months between them. it was a year ago I had paternal leave the last time for 6 months. This time I won´t be back to work until November :D

They want dads to stay home longer on paternal leave, so besides the 80% of my pay both me and my GF recieves a total bonus of $15/day for every day I stay at home longer than the regulated 60 days.

Night and day between these kits

Yeah but both have their pros and cons tho :D

Kfir time again! :D

Well I´ve decided to go with the Kintetic MB mk6 in the AMK kit...spiced it up with some belts first.

IMG_0624_zpsa0025c5e.jpg

And the MK 10 got some too...

IMG_0625_zps697c880f.jpg

The AMK pit with some grey....

IMG_0626_zpsacba2d90.jpg

and the kinetic dito...

IMG_0627_zpsb99cf1a4.jpg

The fuselage halfs painted grey at one end and alclad exhaust at the other :D

IMG_0628_zpsda52b105.jpg

A kinetic exclusive pic since it´s the inlet trunking :P

IMG_0629_zps27a43aab.jpg

The J79 fan front painted in alclad white aluminium and dirtied up a bit...doubt it´ll show if you look into the inlet but nice to know it´s there :D

IMG_0632_zps34d5b458.jpg

The pits and IP´s have recieved a little detail painting in black before clear coating.

IMG_0636_zps24fa03bd.jpg

painted and clear coated MB Mk 6 bang seat, I removed the ejection handles since they looked crappy and I´ll replace them with lead wire later.

I know it looks sloppy right now but bear with me :D

IMG_0637_zps847527c5.jpg

ANd here´s the MK 10 :D

IMG_0638_zps6572ffb3.jpg

Next I´ll be doign some washes and flat coat everything and start my drybrush magic :D

Cheers!

LOL almost, called pseudo Twins when there´s only 16 months between them.

My two boys are exactly 12 months and 2 weeks apart, which is why I decided to get a hobby :coolio:

But then my daughter came along :wacko:

Looks great so far.I always wanted to build south american kfir :)/>

Thanx mate :D

yeah those djungle schemes rock!

I like it...

Which is the best?...

Thanx Manuel :D

Well..... not having put any parts together yet, I can´t really say.

I try to show an unbiased view of the build and let you, who follow the thread, decide on what you like the best.....modeling can be such a subjective hobby from time to time :P

So, which cockpit is the most accurate? I mean in size!

BTW, everything looks great!

Sernak

Thanx Sernak :D

Idon´t have any measurements of the real thing so the only thing I´ve judged by is the size of the Mk 10 seat by comparing it to other mk 10 seats I have...and following that line of reasoning the Kinetic pit is closer to scale.

So that´s the very unscientific way I wnet about it :P

My two boys are exactly 12 months and 2 weeks apart, which is why I decided to get a hobby :coolio:/>

But then my daughter came along :wacko:/>

LOL, we´re planing a third kid so hopefully I´ll have another go at parental leave in another year or two :P

I do get lots of bulding done and it´s very relaxing for the soul to forget about work for a while and just concentrate on the important things in life :D

Not much of an update tonite...

I´ve just splashed some wash on things.

The MB mk6 with wash on...

IMG_0645_zpsc144eae9.jpg

The MB mk 10 with wash on....

IMG_0644_zpsacd4cda4.jpg

the pits with wash on :P

IMG_0641_zps2e8e8c7a.jpg

There, that´s all you´re gonna get from me tonight! I´m off to bake me a blueberry pie and watch the second episode of "Under the Dome"!

Cheers!

LOL almost, called pseudo Twins when there´s only 16 months between them. it was a year ago I had paternal leave the last time for 6 months. This time I won´t be back to work until November :D/>

They want dads to stay home longer on paternal leave, so besides the 80% of my pay both me and my GF recieves a total bonus of $15/day for every day I stay at home longer than the regulated 60 days.

Wow, I got 10 days for each of my three kids (or at least that is what is allotted by the Navy). I think I actually got 10, 6 and 12 the way things worked out. And I still got regular phone calls from work during one of the three leave periods.

Build is looking great so far. Loving the comparison. Certainly helping my decision-making on a kit to choose.

Cheers,

Dave

Hi Aigor,

tanks for comparison Kinetic/AMK :salute:

A picture of my Kfir to encourage you :

1006194ei2.jpg

...old Italeri Mirage IIIE, Aztec decals, Isracast resin parts for F-21 and lot of scratchbuild with Heller and Eduard parts ;)

Have fun !

Cheers

Edited by Tomcat16

Hi Aigor,

tanks for comparison Kinetic/AMC :salute:/>/>

1006194ei2.jpg

...old Italeri Mirage IIIE, Aztec decals, Isracast resin parts for F-21 and lot of scratchbuild with Heller and Eduard parts ;)/>/>

Have fun !

Cheers

Very nice! What are those short white markings (lines) perpendicular to the leading edge of the wings on Kfirs?

Tom

looking sharp so far. it'll be interesting to see how these line up in the end...

Thanx Nick :D

Wow, I got 10 days for each of my three kids (or at least that is what is allotted by the Navy). I think I actually got 10, 6 and 12 the way things worked out. And I still got regular phone calls from work during one of the three leave periods.

Build is looking great so far. Loving the comparison. Certainly helping my decision-making on a kit to choose.

Cheers,

Dave

Thanx Dave :D

Well, different systems I guess.... We get a total of 480 Days of parental leave to divide between the parents per child, they can be shared equally or one parent can give away his/her "Days" to the other and out of the 480 Days, 60 of those are mandatory "daddy leave", 90 Days are minimum rate... That is you don´t get 80% of your salary but only the basic benefit.

And to encourage dads to take closer to equal amounts of parental leave as the mother a tax free bounus is payed for each day longer than the 60 mandatory Days.

I'm glad to see you building both. I've been thinking about getting the Kinetic kit but will wait and follow your build!

Rodney

THanx Rodney :D

Hi Aigor,

tanks for comparison Kinetic/AMK :salute:/>

1006194ei2.jpg

...old Italeri Mirage IIIE, Aztec decals, Isracast resin parts for F-21 and lot of scratchbuild with Heller and Eduard parts ;)/>

Have fun !

Cheers

Thanx Tomcat16 :D

Nice build btw :D

I got chased away from the TV couch by my GF...so I escaped to the hobby room :D

Got something done at least :P

The pits are done! Looks good enough, not the best pits I´ve made...

IMG_0658_zpsa2a3bc46.jpg

Same with the bang seats, I didn´t want to put down the hours to make them perfect....but good enough works for me :D

the MB mk6, made new ejection handles out of lead wire.

IMG_0660_zpsb8994b99.jpg

And here´s the mk 10.

IMG_0661_zps87d79678.jpg

Here are the IP´s, a cockpit set would be awesome but my bet is that only the Kinetic will get one.....

IMG_0663_zps37d9f1d5.jpg

Both pits wiht the seats dry fitted..... the C2 to the left and the C 7 to the right.The Kinetic mk6 seat looks good in the AMK pit :D

IMG_0666_zpsdb5e64dd.jpg

The nose wheel wells, kinetics to the left and AMK to the right, I´d say the AMK wells are more detailed but the kinetics are detailed enough...

IMG_0667_zps223b05d6.jpg

The AMK pit and wheel well in place....

IMG_0669_zpsd1a43a1f.jpg

And it was time to close that fuselage :D...

IMG_0670_zps83aebd44.jpg

The kinetic kit need a bit more work before it´s time to close the fuselage....namely the intake trunks!

IMG_0671_zpsae065114.jpg

With the trunks installed I could close the fuselage.

IMG_0673_zpsa9acc45d.jpg

The fit is decent on both kits, there´s a smal gap aft of the cockpit on the AMK but nothng to worry about.

Cheers!

Very nice work on those 'pits' Algore, and thanks for your reply to my question about their size-accuracy.

Personally, I'm more into the Kinetic Kit but, I would like to see somebody offering an aftermarket cockpit though!

Keep up the good work!!!!

Sernak