Welcome abord! I'm looking forward to seeing those :thumbsup:/>/>

Thank you Sir! I've ordered the Alley Cat decal sheet (seen below) and two Eduard F6F-5s. Once I have them in hand I'll get the build thread going.

$T2eC16ZHJG!E9nm3q82eBR%28jO%29rEUw~~60_57.JPG

Very cool! Was that by asking Lindberg?

Yep

got a reply the next day and shipped in 3 days to canada :woot.gif:

i did the same with Hasegawa last year but the same process took 6 months !

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to join please. I'll for sure do a 1/144 C-2 Greyhound using the Revell kit along with the resin conversion set. Forgot the brand but not the Ozmods kit. May do the 1/72 Fujimi E-2C as well.

Chris

Just an update...I ended up getting a good deal on the OzMods conversion as the resin set was a bit too complicated for my skill set. Sold the resin set to someone who likes resin more than I do. So, for my builds it will be...

Revell/Ozmods 1/144 C-2

Fujimi 1/72 E-2C

Considering my last project was so sloooow, I'm not sure if I can finish before the GB finish, but... What the heck! I'm in with....

IMG_5985_zps78483d9f.jpg

Bought this kit quite some time ago from... LuckyModel, I think. Read lots of pros and cons about this kit. Inaccurate shape, supposedly bad fit, etc. Oh well... let's see how I go with this...

'Later!

• 2 weeks later...

Quick question for anyone with experience with these parts:

can someone confirm the aires cockpit set for the 1:72 f-14a (hasegawa) will fit the (what i assume is) old mold (raised panel line) kit?

I have the verlinden resin set, but the dimensions are off/doesn't fit, so i assume it's for the newer release.

Thanks in advance!

• 1 month later...

This is the kit that I will build for the Grumman Iron Works GB. It is the 1/48 Hobby Boss F4F-3 Wildcat built OOB. I will try making it look very weathered, this will be my first attempt at doing this, so I hope it turns out well.

009_zpsf43f44d2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone. I'm a late arrival to the group - thanks to David for the invitation.

I'm building the 1/48 Kinetic EA-6B in the colours of VAQ-130 using, of course, Figthertown Decals (48050).

I'm looking forward to being part of the group! :coolio:

Cheers, Ian

IMG_9033.jpg

I'm a little late jumping in on this one, but I'm going to start with a 1/144 LS F-14A Jolly Roger. After that,in 1/48, I've got a Revell F-14D to backdate to an F-14B with Steel Beach's LANTIRN set and CAM Decals F-14B VF-102 OEF markings and a chinpod from a Hasegawa kit, 2 Revell A-6E with a Black Box cockpit for one and I just ordered Fightertown's Booming Intruders decal set for them, and I have an AM TBF-1C. Not saying I'll get to them all, but I should be able to tackle a couple of them. Probably build the F-14 and one of the A-6s.

• 2 weeks later...

ARC problems are going to cause me to drop out of the GB. I'm still building the Duck and F3F, but my in progress posts all vanished in the crash, and since the beginning of October I've only been able to access ARC through my phone. Email into SBARC but no solution so far.

It is too much like work to post updates through my phone.

• 2 weeks later...