I'll be building a jet, that was hit over Kosovo and had to make emergency landing in Skopje, Macedonia.

I'll be using:

Revell 1:72 A-10A

Balkan Models decals (hope they'll be released in time)

Eduard PE set

Northstar models AGM-65

Oh dear...

First the Out of Africa GB pops up now this one on the same day? :blink:

I have the Trumpeter 1/32 A-10 N/AW that I did some preliminary work on that I can use for this GB.

Got the Verlinden cockpit set for it as well.

Barring time constraints, count me in.

I'm going to try to do a Rev/Mon. Years ago when I was a teenager I built the kit with the Verlinden set. I plan to retry this build. I've got the kit and thought I had the Verlinden set but I opened it yesterday and its not all there. So ill probably buy another one unless someone has a parts set they don't need. I need the electronics parts I have the cockpit stuff.

Anyway I also have the DRA rail.

My question is what other aftermarket is out there? I know there's a company that makes better engines and closed decelerons but I can't remember who that was. I may just go with the steel beach covered engines anyway since this will be an open panels build.

Also I have no idea on markings so any ideas or thoughts? I like obscure and weird. I've already got a desert storm euro 1 hog built also. I know that limits options but maybe someone knows something.

Help me warthog officianados, you're my only hope.

Hammm, for unusual Hogs your choices are kinda limited. Euro scheme,current grey,early production MASK-10 schemes,JAWS,Snow Hog,Peanut,Flipper and the Overall Gunship Grey 2 seater prototype.

Always liked those Alaskan Snow Hog myself.

Guys.....what's the groups rules on kits started prior to the GB start date.

I've have acouple of Hogs that i would like to finish off.

One is a Hobbyboss kit i started for a GB on another forum. The wings are together, the cockpit has been painted and work has been started on the engine pods....would this be allowed.

The second kit (Hobbyboss again)was picked up cheap off Ebay. Only afew minor parts were glued/painted Aires cockpit and weapons mainly.

Would they be allowed to enter,neither kit is no more than 25% complete IMHO.

Gary

Hammm, for unusual Hogs your choices are kinda limited. Euro scheme,current grey,early production MASK-10 schemes,JAWS,Snow Hog,Peanut,Flipper and the Overall Gunship Grey 2 seater prototype.

Ooh I like the sound of a snow hog. Now to hunt decals.

I've got peanut decals for my 1/32 A-10 but I'm not ready to build that one yet.

Though the Grumman GB also started yesterday as well, I will do a Revelogram A-10, using the Shull engine and closed deceleron's been wanting to use this set. Will use the Legends cockpit set as well. Will build this as an OIF or Enduring Freedom bird, just need to find decals, otherwise I have almost everything else to get started. Also will build a Tamiya A-10 as a Desert Storm Euro 1 scheme, have the the DRA launch rails for both kits, will modify and use the TD cockpit set. Will be looking for the Shull Laste update set for the Monogram kit in the meantime as well. Both kits in 48th scale.

Chuck

Fly Navy

I've counted at least 26 different schemes the Hog has worn in it's career, if you include all the variations in patterns as well as colors. Only a few made it to operational use. The prototype and pre-production era was the most diverse, for a time it seems no two A-10s were the same color and pattern. Fortunately it's not hard to get markings for each, or cobble them together from existing sheets.

I'll be happy to put down a list if anyone is interested. :sunrevolves:

Guys.....what's the groups rules on kits started prior to the GB start date.

I've have acouple of Hogs that i would like to finish off.

One is a Hobbyboss kit i started for a GB on another forum. The wings are together, the cockpit has been painted and work has been started on the engine pods....would this be allowed.

The second kit (Hobbyboss again)was picked up cheap off Ebay. Only afew minor parts were glued/painted Aires cockpit and weapons mainly.

Would they be allowed to enter,neither kit is no more than 25% complete IMHO.

Gary

Give them a go - the more Hogs the more bacon! :woot.gif:/>

Edited by Sebastijan

I've counted at least 26 different schemes the Hog has worn in it's career, if you include all the variations in patterns as well as colors. Only a few made it to operational use. The prototype and pre-production era was the most diverse, for a time it seems no two A-10s were the same color and pattern. Fortunately it's not hard to get markings for each, or cobble them together from existing sheets.

I'll be happy to put down a list if anyone is interested. :sunrevolves:/>

I'd be more than happy to put the list to seperate reference thread of this GB.

I'd be more than happy to put the list to seperate reference thread of this GB.

OK, set up the thread and I'll begin posting. I have a strange ambition to make a model of at least one of each of these schemes. So far I have only completed a single example; I'll be happy to post pics of it when the reference thread goes up.

I'll be building the Academy A-10A in 1/72 OOB. May tweak the weapons loadouts at the end though, I'm pretty sure the loadout in the box is somewhat inaccurate.

Markinsg will likely be the DS bird.

• 2 weeks later...

I have two hogs I'd love to build in this group build, however I'm away at work pretty much all the time until end of October, early November, so unsure how much I can actually get done!! Sucks tho!

What I'd like to to do is this

Italeri A-10 with blackbox cockpit, SHULL LASTE upgrade and whatever decals are in the stash

Revell A-10 with Peanut or Flipper camo, closed decelerons and some use of Verlinden set.

However, may not even have time to start either one...

Cheers

H.

• 2 weeks later...

Since I'm finishing up 2 of the 4 Phantoms on the bench I started thinking about what Hog to build. I have a 1/72 A-10A by Acadamy and a bunch of MicroScale decals. I came across a picture of this one.

780675 of the 354th TFW, 353 TFS

It had 58 missions in Operation Desert Storm.

Edited by Spectre711
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

If I had the decals, I would have done it. Someone needs to do a new sheet, either 1/72 or 1/48, or both...

I built one a few years ago (1/48) and may have some spare decals in the box. Too late now, I guess!

• 2 weeks later...