Was planning my first build to be a 1:72 MiG-23ML of the post gaddafi Libyan Air Force, but made a start on it on the weekend and its past the 20% stage, will have to find something else.

How far have you got with it?

Vince

Here's my current plan, all in 1/144th scale.

-Nigerian L-39ZA (Attack kit)

-Burkina Faso MiG-17 (Attack kit)

-Ethiopian MiG-21MF (Eduard kit)

-South African Airways 737-200 (Airfix kit, Liveries Unlimited decals)

John

Edited by John King

For me, my plan so far is to do these (have kits/decals/etc already):

1/72 South African Air Force Mirage F.1CZ (Airfix)

1/72 Royal Rhodesian Air Force Vampire (RoG)

Down the line I may come up with other things to enter, too!

I'm in! Gonna do Kulula airlines flying 101 with my 1/144 Revell 738 kit instead of westjet like I had originally planned, using the Braz winglets kindly supplied by Antonov and Draw decals. Woohoo my first group build!!!

• 1 month later...

I will also build a 1:72 Rhodesian T11 Vampire next to my Zambezi CRJ :)/>

Which scheme?

I will soon start a Royal Rhodesian AF Vampire, myself! Anybody gonna do a Hunter? :D

OK, who can't resist a baby blue Mig-17? I'll be building the Hobby Boss 1/48 Mig-17F Fresco C kit wearing Mozambique Peoples AF markings. Decals are from the Berna Decals Mig-17 African Air Forces Part 2 sheet. Been wanting to do this scheme for a while, now seems like the perfect time.

V/r

Ron

Oh, sweet! IIRC that has the RAF Type D roundels with single large assegai?

I don't have a clue of what a Type D roundel is and I assume an 'assegai' is a spear? :huh: :P

It has these roundels:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/be/Royal_Rhodesian_Air_force_roundel_.svg/600px-Royal_Rhodesian_Air_force_roundel_.svg.png

Edited by TheFlyingDutchman
  • 1 month later...

I'll jump in here......

1/72 Hobbyboss Mi-24 V Hind -E flown by Neall Ellis in the service of Sierra Leone during operations against the RUF in 2001 with decals from the HobbyCraft War on Terror Hind kit.

then next....

1/72 Heller SA.316B of Angola with MAV decals

and if I finish these two and have time, I have a Fujimi MiG-21"MF" that I would like to build as a MiG-21bis, nation to be determined......

I look forward to seeing the MI-24V Hind. Just read a book on Neall Ellis's adventures in Sierra Leone. Very interesting. I have a Mi-17 in the stash that I was always wanting to build as "Daisy"(so named because it handle like a cow). It flew along side the Hind in the Sierra Leone Air wing.

Both your subjects sound excellent!

Paul