well, i wasn't sure if i would actually jump onto the build here, but with frustration from other builds mounting, i'm clearing off the bench for this, my first group build.

I'll be attempting Hasegawa's F-14A, with a Verlinden resin cockpit set. I'll probably pick up some metal pitot/AOA probes and misc other details along the way. I'll be using the kit decals for VF-74, and I will try to rescribe the panel lines (first attempt at this). Hopefully i'll be able to finish before the deadline, but i plan on taking my time.

Anyway, here's the kit:

IMG_0497.jpg

Just a quick update, i haven't dropped off the face of the earth with this, but progress is being made! I just ordered some master model pitot/aoa probes from the venerable sprue bros. also happy to report i've hit my stride rescribing, and i'm getting comfortable with the technique. The verlinden cockpit set is going to be a beauty if i can finish it up right. I may actually have a finished kit to finally post on here!

I almost ordered the eduard photo etch for this kit, but 20-some bucks (plus shipping) is pretty steep. I'd like to get the gear/wheel well details, weapons station details, and vents/antennas details, so if anyone has an extra set available (#73234) they can part with, i'd be interested in buying for the right price!

Also, I have an extra set of (Verlinden F-14 ejection seats in 1/72)if anyone needs them. $4 shipped, paypal in the CONUS, just PM me.

Anyway, i hope to post some pics soon, when i start to get the cockpit painted. A lot of interesting builds from everyone else in this GB, and i'm glad to be a part of it! Happy modeling, everyone!!

Edited by SatelliteChaser
  • 4 months later...

Egh, was really hoping to commit and finish this, but life gets in the way...

I'm slowly working on other projects, but i'll only post in the display case until i get back into form, then possibly a WIP way down the road, then think about group builds. But for now, the 'Cat goes back to the stash.

All the other builds i've been seeing look fantastic, and i'll be sure keep an eye on them. All the best!

- joel