CAn you use clear over tamiya polishing counpounds

I guys

ive looked all over and could not find the answer im looking for

Can you use Lacquer or Enamel clear coats over Tamiya polishing counpound ??

reason im asking is i want to polish out my Blue angels paint job prior to clear to remove small imperfections and tape residues.

from what ive read Future wont work over tamiya counpounds.

Cheers

Neo

Are you using Future as your clear or something else? If something else then lightly wetsand the finish and use whatever clear then once that dries hard you can use the tamiya polishes over that. If using Future then just lightly wetsand it and then Future and there probably won't be a need for the polish. Or you could just polish it and not use a clear at all.

So I guess 3 options.

Why not use Micro Mesh cloths to "polish" the paint. By the time you get to 12,000 it will be very smooth and shiny. Maybe start at 4,000 and work your way up. I've done that on car models and it works very well. So well in fact that you can easily skip any clear coat.

Using any clear coat after a lot of work on the model and "polishing" it out is very risky in my opinion. You just never know what is going to happen, especially with gloss coats.

HTH

Bob

Thanks for all the infos

i did a test run on my paint dummy and it turn out after polishing the paint you can clear coat over it with no issue

Cheers

Neo

Well, Neo,

you already have made a test, so I can be only a little helpful.

The problem is more how the blue paint reacts with the "Tamiya Compound", than with the further gloss coat.

My only doubt is that the clear coat may not stick well if some Compound residues are left.

I'd go for the white toothpaste instead of the Compound and a good wash with water.

Regards

Euge