Hello everyone,

Does anyone know if the Aries AV-8B cockpit for the Hasegawa kit fit in the Monogram AV-8A? I know its not the right cockpit but anything is better than what the kit comes with.

Thanks for or your help.

Hello everyone,

Does anyone know if the Aries AV-8B cockpit for the Hasegawa kit fit in the Monogram AV-8A? I know its not the right cockpit but anything is better than what the kit comes with.

Thanks for or your help.

No. I have a Hasagawa "B" and a Monogram "A"...the cockpit area (like that of the actual aircraft) is much wider on the "B".

The Monogram "A" cockpit is pretty tight and there's not much visually once you got everything closed up. Probably just adding the Aries seat would be enough to dress it up.

I recently finished up an "A". I like a detailed 'pit as much as the next guy...but I decided just a few photoetched panels and some seat belts would do just fine:

IMG_7617.jpg

IMG_7618.jpg

IMG_7628.jpg

IMG_7631.jpg

IMG_7775.jpg

I have the AV-8A from Monogram and installed the Aires cockpit sending the fuselage cockpit walls as

well the Aires tube, I also used the Aires LGbays. Looks much better than what You have in this old kit.

SouthViper

To each their own, but putting an Aires/Black Box/whoever's AV-8B/B+ cockpit in Monogram's AV-8A is about on par with putting an F/A-18 cockpit in a Monogram F-5E. Even if you could get it to fit, all you are doing is adding a lot of inaccurate but nicely-molded doohickys.

I still think that on many of their 1/48th scale kits that aftermarket cockpit parts (PE or Resin) really aren't "needed." They tend to stand pretty well on their own. To each his own, though.

I've gotten this far on Monogram's AV-8A IP. Still need to do a little touching up.

Prior to Detail Painting:

AV81_zpsf65c6e9f.jpg

AV85.jpg

Cockpit Tub, I did add a Nozzle Adjustment Lever to the throttle quadrant. Still need to decide what to do for a throttle control grip:

AV82_zps325aa658.jpg

AV83_zps57848702.jpg

I think some detail painting and it will show up pretty well.

Edited by DonSS3