Vought VS-322 heavy fighter - playing about in 3D for the first time..

After many, many abortive tries at producing something in 3D beyond two cubes rearranged to look something like a building, or things that looked like abstract art viewed through a fun house mirror while under the influence of banned substances, I finally sat down and learned enough of Blender to make something that resembles an aircraft:

vs322overall.jpg

The Vought VS-322 - an unbuilt design that would have had an X-Wasp/R-4360 mounted P-39 style amidships.

A lot more to do - the nose needs work (learning how to make props would help!) and the tail as well. But I'm going to step away from it for a time and perhaps later on see if I can get a version that be imported into X-Plane...

More pics and download at: VS-322

Edited by Chris707

...abstract art viewed through a fun house mirror while under the influence of banned substances...

I don't knock your hobbies, why do you have to mock mine?

It's a good and interesting start. Was the Vought VS-322 a real design? I was trying to find additional information on it. What are your plans for the effort? Is this just for personal fun and learning, CGI art, plans for physical models, etc? Looking forward to your future work and progress!

Thank you! I'd been trying to wrap my head around the Blender interface for some time, but I finally made some progress. I started it with the idea of trying to make a flyable version for the X-PLane simulator at some point down the road. VS-322 was a real project in the sense that it apparently got a model # and a 3-view plan, but I don't know much else about it. I've never seen any models/mockups/other artwork, so I figure there a bit of room for artistic interpretation!

Edited by Chris707