What's that kit like? I'm kinda looking for a 1/72 A-10, I like the Italeri one, but about all I can find at the hobbyshops is this one.

I've built this kit some years ago... not that bad, but Italeri(or Revell boxing) blows it away. Weapons IMHO are not usable at all and it lacks details compared to Italeri. However I'd still rank it no.2 on the market.

Here's my effort

20.jpg

Hmm, ok. I guess I will be patient for a bit longer until Italeri re-releases it. Not that the Academy one looks that bad, but I know what I get with the Italeri one.

• 2 weeks later...

The Academy kit is good and builds up fine. Its the same molds as the Hasegawa kit. From academy there are 2 versions released. One in the european one/lizard scheme and the newer 2 tone grey of the Gulf war. The grey has 2 versions you can choose. SP coded and FT with sharkmouth :salute:

The basic kit looks decent, simple cockpit though and fit is merely OK. I doubt it's the Hasegawa molds though, more likely it's a copy, as many early Academy kits are.

The weapons are total pants though. Not sure what I'll do with them, but I may end up stealing some from an Academy F/A-18C I'm doing in a CoNA scheme.

9337873601_6316a91eb4.jpg

Academy A-10A 1/72 by mawz_models, on Flickr

Edited by mawz

It is from the days that one engineer of Hasegawa started out to have its own company being Academy. From what I remember somewhere early 80's of the past century. I know the Hase kit as well, that one is having same weapons outfot, but also two nozzles for the Gun.

But your build looks fine to me MAWZ :salute:

• 3 months later...

I'm pretty sure no Hasegawa engineers founded Academy (given the differing nationalities of the two companies), the main relation between the two is both were partners with Minicraft (which is likely why Academy cloned Hasegawa kits in the first place)

As to the Warthog, it's coming along slowly but surely.

10649277714_7ed500b834.jpg

10649279094_5fe9d71922.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...