WIP: UH-34D Kingbee in 1:72

My interest in the Kingbee was raised some months ago when several posts with background information about these VNAF-helos were written here.

I initially planned to use a Hobbyboss UH-34D for this build, but since my LHS didn´t had any, I went through my pile in the cellar and came up with the Revell H-34G, which I had planned to use with the Cobra Company S-58T-nose. Well, another time, and until then I need another H-34G...

While this move had been motivated by sheer precipitation, it turned out that the VNAF-Kingbees had the "V"-type main landing gear, so I´m good to go with this kit.

So far my main progress is to finish the cargo cabin with the port-side gunner:

IMG_0995_zps5c827637.jpg

I wanted to make things a little more "colorful" and decided therefor to give him a Tigerstripe-camoflage dress. I also had the idea of adding 2 or 3 south vietnamese SOF, but then the cabin would be too crowded. Instead I put in two bigger ammo-boxes, so I can tell the story that this Kingbee is on his way to re-supply a team in the field.

IMG_0996_zps17389adf.jpg

HAJO

Camoflage is applied!

IMG_3741_zpsd5009809.jpg

IMG_3740_zps2b3bf9ba.jpg

I used Revell Acrylics, 362 for the brighter green, and a mixture of Green 65 and Black 8 for the darker green. I won´t be able to finish this model until my vacation (which starts tomorrowand I won´t be working on it during my free days), so please expect new pictures in two weeks.

HAJO

• 3 weeks later...

Vacation finished, as well as the Kingbee!

IMG_1145_zps0924affd.jpg

IMG_1146_zps90f18000.jpg

IMG_1147_zps36ad9bd0.jpg

Last items to work on were the aft rotor (that needs to be "turned around", as it is modeled spinning the wrong way) and the single decal I applied.

IMG_1152_zpsa67ddfb4.jpg

IMG_1153_zps9a5bebdc.jpg

IMG_1151_zps9e6eb0d4.jpg

IMG_1149_zpsa8b9f502.jpg

HAJO