Eastern Express B777-300

Hi Ray

No it is not included in the kit, so it has to be scratch built, I think only my Z b767 came with a tail bumper, I will keep an eye on your build, looks good so far

Mike

Thanks for the tip Mike, I have a Z 767 as well, will drag it out and see if the bumper looks like the 777's. Any progress on your build?

Edited by Trojan Thunder
  • 4 months later...

I got some more work done on the build after a long pause when the windscreen went missing after it's removal, it was recently found wrapped in green tap, :rolleyes:/>/> I still have a couple of minor decals to be placed and mast's to be made and light's added, but nearly all done, I will update with some better pic's when it's all complete

Mike

eamx.jpg

A few pic's of the completed B777-300, at the end of the day I am happy with the built, there is some time needed sanding/filing some of the part's, the only real faults with the kit ( I am not counting rivets) is the over sized belly ( some filing fix's that up) and the wrong shaped raked wing tip's that are supplied (filing to a new shape fix's that) and the front strut is to short, (a 5mm extension is needed) but I think it's well worth spending some time and patient's to build the only true out of the box B777-300 with every thing there, no more to purchase, I must be happy as I have ordered an other EE B773

Mike

oimk.jpg

ju0z.jpg

wj3c.jpg

ncra.jpg

12mg.jpg

Edited by Dunelimo

Dune, nice job man. It came out great. I'll tell ya, this build was the inspiration for me to run out and grab a few bottles of the nail polish needed for this scheme from Target while I was back stateside on vacation last summer. I work in Abu Dhabi, and live only a few miles from Abu Dhabi International, so I see these birds pretty much on a daily basis. I've been meaning to start plane spotting again, and hopefully I'll catch ETK on final. When I was out there about a year ago, I did catch ETA,B,E,G,& H.

A6-ETAcopy_zpsac76025d.jpg

A6-ETBcopy_zps496d5d83.jpg

A6-ETEcopy_zps23400ffb.jpg

A6-ETGcopy_zps87b73eaf.jpg

A6-ETH-2copy_zps4e9d8a18.jpg

Looks like I might shell out the dough for one of these kits at some point.

Thanks guy's

Is

if you are going to purchase one get it from here, pas-decals.ru ($45 including shipping) you will save money than buying from e-bay, use the google translate'r when ordering

Mike

Edited by Dunelimo