1/72 Hasegawa Eurofighter

Hi peeps,

Getting back into the world of model making and have been given this kit. Has anyone else built it yet and if so what are their impressions?. Any advice gratefully accepted :)

stevie

Hasegawa appears to have designed this kit to be an easy build with the minimum of fuss. I did a test-fit and I concur with Paolo. It really does appear to be easy to build. In your case (getting back into the game after a long hiatus), this would be the ideal kit for your re-introduction into our dark world :gr_devil:/>

There was some talk over at Britmodeller forum that the landing gear bays were fictional and one or two parts were "off" but the general consensus is that it's a great kit. Hasegawa gives you the options to build it with gear up or gear down & if you're not too particular about the landing gear bays, then it's a fine kit to build. Go for it!

Edited by JackMan

The Hasegawa kit has its pros and cons when compared with Revell. Here's a taster:

Pros:

• Hasegawa are the only manufacturer to include a full set of pylons and launchers. Big plus.
  • Hasegawa are the only manufacturer to tool both single- and twin-seat variants and include all the differences (ie the different locations of the avionics bay)
  • Hasegawa include a lot of European weapons, including Storm Shadow, Brimstone, Taurus, ASRAAM and IRIS-T
  • Hasegawa are the only manufacturer to model the new HMSS helmet.
  • The fit is said to be significantly better than the Revell kit.

Cons:

• The detail on the interior of the main landing bay doors is pure fiction
  • The exhaust nozzles are only available in the closed configuration seen on an aircraft in flight
  • The seat is an abomination. In my opinion it is one of the worst ejection seats in any scale from any manufacturer for any aircraft.
  • The HUD is too thick and completely the wrong shape
  • None of the air-to-surface weapons in the kit are in service with the aircraft.
  • Here in the UK it has a recommended price of £40. You can get four of the Revell kits for that money.

I've got one on the way from Hong Kong (Hobbyeasy had them on offer) so I'm going to throw some aftermarket at it and do a side-by-side build with the Revell kit.

Edited by Bobski

Cons:

[*]The exhaust nozzles are only available in the closed configuration seen on an aircraft in flight

In the initial release of the kit, Hasegawa included a clear plastic stand to display the aircraft in an in-flight pose. So that is an option if one is planning to build it in flight mode. Not sure if they included the stand in other boxings.

In the initial release of the kit, Hasegawa included a clear plastic stand to display the aircraft in an in-flight pose. So that is an option if one is planning to build it in flight mode. Not sure if they included the stand in other boxings.

No, they didn't. I've ordered the Spanish / Italian boxing and there is no stand, nor is there one in the twin-seat boxing as far as I can tell from looking at the instructions online.

No, they didn't. I've ordered the Spanish / Italian boxing and there is no stand, nor is there one in the twin-seat boxing as far as I can tell from looking at the instructions online.

Bobski, if you like/need the very cool stand drop me a line. It can be used two ways: linked into the nozzles or from the central station!

Very interesting. :thumbsup:/> I love what-ifs. :wub:/> This, however, is not a what-if, it's a should-be! ;)/> :woo:/>

next month it will go to be displayed into Squadron QRA building, hopefully pilots will choose to paint one that way on the next anniversary..... :sunrevolves:

The seat is an abomination. In my opinion it is one of the worst ejection seats in any scale from any manufacturer for any aircraft.

Clearly you're far too young to remember some of the Lay-Z-Boy recliners or the concrete blocks in a lot of kits from the '60s and '70s :)

Bobski, if you like/need the very cool stand drop me a line. It can be used two ways: linked into the nozzles or from the central station!

Thanks, but mine is going to be modelled on the ground. I've got some replacement exhausts on order for it from Olimp to make sure they are correct.

Clearly you're far too young to remember some of the Lay-Z-Boy recliners or the concrete blocks in a lot of kits from the '60s and '70s :)/>

I've seen them and they are pretty poor, but the one in the Hasegawa Typhoon is inexcusable given the amount of reference material available for it.