WTC Owners Sue Boeing Over 9/11

Typical New York mentality. Do whatever you can to squeeze money out of someone else, however tenuous their connection may be to an event. Out on Long Island, the town council in my hometown is weighing whether to charge people $25 for a permit to have a party. that's right, invite a few friends over, and you better have a permit, or else. So glad I'm outta there.

http://northport.patch.com/groups/politics-and-elections/p/town-requires-a-permit-to-party

Edited by Lee White

It will be interesting, as I would imagine they would have to prove any of those actually violated or were negligent of the law in some way.

Typical New York mentality. Do whatever you can to squeeze money out of someone else, however tenuous their connection may be to an event. Out on Long Island, the town council in my hometown is weighing whether to charge people $25 for a permit to have a party. that's right, invite a few friends over, and you better have a permit, or else. So glad I'm outta there.

That will be interesting when it comes up against the First Amendment and "...The Right of the People Peaceably to Assemble."

Why aren't we shepherding these Bozos to the unemployment lines, again?

Never Forget

Forget what? :huh:/>

Any judge that doesn't slap the lawyers with a $2 million fine and a charge of contempt of court ought to be run out on a rail.

Every time I hear "never forget" my immediate, visceral response is, "Seriously? You're kidding, right?".

Any judge that doesn't slap the lawyers with a $2 million fine and a charge of contempt of court ought to be run out on a rail.

They are hoping it never gets to court, its a blanket shot to see who will settle rather than battle.

Every time I hear "never forget" my immediate, visceral response is, "Seriously? You're kidding, right?".

I just say it whenever someone mentions September 11, no matter the context.

Edited by TaiidanTomcat

I can picture Al-Qaeda sitting in a cave over a little TV laughing their @sses off over this.

We have given them comedy gold the last 10 years. I picture Al Qaeda reading about this in a comfy chair online in Pakistan, but thats probably not realistic.

Edited by TaiidanTomcat

How-Stupid.jpg

~SMH~

Roughly on par with Aviana Airlines sueing KVTU for "defamation and damage to business prestige". I'm sorry, 4 pilots in a cockpit that don't notice the "altitude indicator" pretty much did THAT for you already.

Edited by The_Animal

:angry:, I can kind of understand how the WTC owners might feel they can sue the airlines but Boeing? How do they figure that? The airlines for not making the flight decks of their airliners "terrorist proof" whatever that is in a time of many hijackings world wide, and for letting the terrorists on board at the time but then again no one really knew who these terrorists were and when or where they'd strike although it was apparently known that an attack somewhere in the USA was imminent. Are the WTC owners also going to sue the CIA, FBI and every police force in the USA for not doing their jobs? Then we have the suit against Boeing. How on earth could they have known what was going to happen if the secret services did not? As has been said by other posters this is just plain BS. No other name can be given to it.

Ross.

Roughly on par with Aviana Airlines sueing KVTU for "defamation and damage to business prestige". I'm sorry, 4 pilots in a cockpit that don't notice the "altitude indicator" pretty much did THAT for you already.

You seem to have missed the point (try saying the "names" out loud a few times) of the "joke" at the airline's expense. Maybe the deaths of two little girls has had an adverse effect on their sense of humour, and left them feeling a mite fragile.

And four pilots in a cockpit? Seriously? You see nothing amiss with that? Anybody, with even the slightest knowledge of aviation, in that TV company, would/should have smelt a rat.

Edgar

Can't you sue people for frivolous law suits? Better yet can I sue someone for a frivolous lawsuit just as a concerned citizen...I'm sure I wouldn't have standing because it is only my tax dollars that are wasted by these things, nothing important.

Cheers,

Dave

I always have to go through the checklist:

Alamo...

Maine...

Pearl Harbor...

Or are all those technically "Remember [the]..."?

Did I miss one?

You seem to have missed the point (try saying the "names" out loud a few times) of the "joke" at the airline's expense. Maybe the deaths of two little girls has had an adverse effect on their sense of humour, and left them feeling a mite fragile.

They better pick their battles though, getting their panties in a bind over this may take away from the bigger picture they should be focusing on. They can always sue later like these 9/11 guys.

And four pilots in a cockpit? Seriously? You see nothing amiss with that? Anybody, with even the slightest knowledge of aviation, in that TV company, would/should have smelt a rat.

Edgar

Or the fact that the NTSB doesn't release names. These are basic things that need to be forgotten when you have new "information" and there is no time to proof it before shoving it on the air. Whoever did that, knew they could get away with it. "too good to check"

Edited by TaiidanTomcat

Today - a man sues Apple, claiming that the internet pr0n he was looking at on his Macintosh caused his marriage to suffer:

http://ars.to/1bA5mYo

He says apple is wrong because it makes a device that can display *********.

Yikes bad news for books, magazines, TVs, VCRs, and DVD players.

UPDATE: Above the Law notes in an update that the lawyer-plaintiff in this case was put on "inactive status" by the Tennessee Supreme Court in 2011 due to "mental infirmity or illness."

guess it was time to recycle this news. Look forward to reading about this again in 2 years

Edited by TaiidanTomcat

There's ********* in the internet? ohmy.gif

What else would be hiding in a series of tubes?

Edit: Steve can type "*********", but it gets edited in the quote? What?!!!

Edited by Horrido