Neo, as far as i know they were the same plane, Sea fire have the hook for carrier landing and his wings folds in 3 pieces:

4563147761_166d380ef2_o.jpg

Started by removing parts and sanding them all. Lots of plastic to sand off. After that i start to allign and glue. This was quick so i didn't take pictures but I promess i´ll take more pics with details.

DSC_1130.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Neo, as far as i know they were the same plane, Sea fire have the hook for carrier landing and his wings folds in 3 pieces:

yes and no. All the Seafire MkI's had a solid wing. It wasn't until the MkII that the wings folded. The main difference was tail hook, fuselage structure and cockpit fittings for the MkI.

Sean

• 2 weeks later...

yes and no. All the Seafire MkI's had a solid wing. It wasn't until the MkII that the wings folded. The main difference was tail hook, fuselage structure and cockpit fittings for the MkI.

Sean

Seafires in fact alternated between folding-wing and straight-wing versions.

The MkIb was a Vb with fuselage strengthening & an A-frame hook. Basically a Vb which could land on a carrier.

The MkIIc was a Vc with the same mods as the 1b and the addition of catapult hooks & sling lugs

The MkIII was the first truly navalized Seafire, it added folding wings, and improved engine and a 4-blade propellor. 30 of the early ones lacked the folding wing.

The Mk XV was pretty much a cross between a Spit XII and a Seafire Mk.III, the XVII was a lowback XV. Other minor modifications also ensued (like slightly longer Oleo's)

The Mk.45 was a Mk.22 with the same basic navalization as the IIc.

The Mk.46 reintroduced the folding wing, the 47 was a refined 46 with a hydraulic folding wing and other refinements.