Airfix 1/48 Supermarine Seafire F.XVII

The Seafire is finally done however I am not fully satisfied with the results of this build. There are several flows including wrapped decal on the left wing, strange whitish border at the edge of the windscreen frame which I guess is one of the clear coat layers that dried and then shredded once I removed the masking tape. Nevertheless here is what I've done.

9320598229_e904d436f6_o.jpg

9320597451_9df1e2d499_o.jpg

9320597233_5dbe38d184_o.jpg

9323390672_f2eac485b5_o.jpg

9320597955_6c4e0eda97_o.jpg

9323391338_e0c76961f2_o.jpg

I think the build looks great. Personally I prefer my finishes a tad bit duller. The weathering on the underside is really well done and apart from the warped decal, the others look very well laid. How was the kit in terms of build? Nice job!

Thanks for comments. This kit was really easy to assemble. No fit issues etc. What I dislike is the width and depth of the panel lines and the thickness of the canopy wall - both are exaggerated.

• 2 weeks later...

Dan, Just a outstanding OOB build. Camo paint scheme looks perfect. As for the issue of the upper wing decal, it just jumps right out at the viewer do to it's size and dark coloring. Since the model looks like it's still fairly glossed, you could always double decal it. The decals laid down so well, that it doesn't appear that a 2nd decal would cause any issues.

As Andrew pointed out, the finish is rather glossy. Are you planning on adding a Matt finish?

As Andrew pointed out, the finish is rather glossy. Are you planning on adding a Matt finish?

It supposed to be satin. It turned glossy after the last layer of satin cote that I applied after doing weathering. Have no idea why it turned so glossy. Maybe the layer was too thick because I am sure I took the right can.

• 4 weeks later...

I would think it is just the reflection of the intense light which makes it look so glossy.... I would hazard a guess that if you took it into natural light out doors with indirect sunlight the satin finish would look as it should.

Great work flaws and all!!!!!

:cheers:

Emil