Zero experts needed

Need a little help as to what Japanese pilots put on their aircraft for kill markings. I've seen just a couple references on the web that show something like an aircraft silhouette with an arrow pinned to it. Any other options out there and then where can I find 48th or 32nd decals?

They used several types: flowers blossoms, axes, aircraft siluettes seen from the front, allied roundels, etc..

It mostly depen on period and unit involved. Hasegawa and Tamiya decals come with sevral options of the above, never senn on aftermarkets decals for Zeros, sorry.

The majority of pilots did not use kill markings. If there were any on the aircraft, it was usually for the number of shootdowns that the airframe or unit had, not the individual pilot, as they tended to focus more on the group/ unit than on the individual.

Who would have thought it would be so hard. This whole thing is for an RC car project. I'm building a different body to represent the major air forces so I thought a few kill markings on the body would be a cool detail. I have found a set of 32nd zero decals on eBay that appear to have little birds in flight on the aft fuselage that looks like the best I can find unless I make my own. If anybody has any they won't be using I would be very appreciative.

I seem to recall that IJN pilots were not assigned to a particular aircraft. They flew whatever was available at the time. The IJA may have done things differently, especially towards the end of the war.

Chris