EC135 Swedish Police - Revell 1:32

So. This is it, I hope you enjoyed the review and can hopefully get some inspiration to your own build. Since it was my 3rd model, I am quite happy with the result. There are loads of things which could have been done better and prettier but the more you build the better you become. You always learn from your mistakes and you improve. I welcome any advise, suggestions, please comment the review if you liked it, and even if you didn't. Thank you for watching!

null_zpsee6a703a.jpg

Hi

That's great job on this revell kit.

You turned it good with the windscreen. the trick is usualy (and at beginning of construction) to adapt the fuselage to the windscreen and not the windscreen to the fuselage.

nice to see also something civilian here. hope your next build will be an helicopter too.

Norbert

• 4 weeks later...

Apologies for the late reply but had to do some catching up on the forum after my holidays.

Very nice build Ungerskpappa! I like the overall look, the cockpit detail and the tailfin grip. I have built a few of the Revell 1:32 EC135's and they're not the best kits. Overall fit is poor (you've mentioned the frontal glazing and crappy design of the exhausts, I like your solution for that btw!). The Swedish Polis- kit imho currently is the best version of the kit; at least it's the only one that has the lower skid landing gear right...

If you still feel up to it: in october Revell will release their improved new mould 1:32 EC135 with doors that can be modelled in opened position.

Thanks for sharing your pics!!

Gertjan

I will try to document the building of this swedish police helicopter with photos as I didn't find so many building reviews on the web. I am almost ready with the model but took pictures of the different stages so it will be easy to load them up with some comments. Please add, ask, comment, come with advice what I could have done better, so next time I'll know. This is my 3rd scale model I am building.

Ungerskpappa,

Great build! I have several of these kits, but have never gotten past opening up the doors... I hope to get a few of the "new mold" EC135 kits when they come out. In the mean time, when I clear my bench of some other projects, I will probably assemble one just for fun! Nice interior and exterior detailing!

David