Aires 1/48 A-7E wheel bays

Has anyone used the Aires wheel bays for the Hasegawa 1/48 A-7 Corsair? I installed their wheel bays in my 1/48 Hasegawa F-8E. They fit great without any problems whatsoever, so I am considering purchasing the A-7 set.

Cheers,

Tom

I used the A-7 set in an A-7D. They fit pretty good. I used a little bit of filler on the bottom of the main gear, but I am sure that was because of an error of my own making. The front bay took some sanding and thinning because of the intake, but wasn't too bad.

Edited by jwest21

Hello,

not exactly what you are asking for, but I managed to install the Aires wheel bays in my RVHP TA-7H conversion.

Since RVHP used the Hasegawa single seat A-7 as starting point for their conversion set, I assume the wheel bays should fit the Hasegawa kit?!

TA-7H_0.jpg

TA-7H_2.jpg

TA-7H_3.jpg

TA-7H_4.jpg

TA-7H_60.jpg

Regards, Jens

Hello,

not exactly what you are asking for, but I managed to install the Aires wheel bays in my RVHP TA-7H conversion.

Since RVHP used the Hasegawa single seat A-7 as starting point for their conversion set, I assume the wheel bays should fit the Hasegawa kit?!

TA-7H_60.jpg

Regards, Jens

Jens,

Your progress looks spectacular, you should start your own thread with this conversion - ah, and don't worry, ARC will still be here in 10 years or so B)/>/> :cheers:/>/>

Lothar

I just completed an A-7E using the Aires wheel bays and they fit just fine. The only problem is that the instructions are vague about how the door retraction links go together, but the fit of the parts is fine.

• 3 years later...