Fiat G.91 R3 Tiger Meet Nr5452

Hi Guys

Here´s the latest one to enter the bench! Revell 1/72 Fiat G.91 R3 Tiger Meet Nr5452.

Its been years since I wanted to do this aircraft. I´ve seen it live as a kid, on an airshow, and it really impressed me!

The model is from revell and so are the decals. My boxing is not the tiger meet one but thought a friend I menage to get the decals. Thanks Carlos.

I´m going to do it OOB with the canopy will be closed, so I didn't pat that much attention to cockpit detail, I only added some thing to the seat. I have also corrected the wing pylons.

Now I´m going to keep at it with more putty and sanding, unfortunately it is not the best of kits but at the same time not the worst. The Italeri Intruder, I have also on the bench, requires much more work.

Lets see how it turns out!

To be continued! Hope you enjoy

Feel free to comment!

Best regards

Filipe

FiatG91_00.jpg

FiatG91_01.jpg

FiatG91_02.jpg

FiatG91_03.jpg

FiatG91_04.jpg

FiatG91_05.jpg

FiatG91_06.jpg

FiatG91_07.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys

Here´s a another small update on the Fiat. Painting under way, finally!

Time for some touch-ups, and a gloss coat o varnish.

Feel free to comment!

Best regards

Filipe

FiatG91_17.jpg

FiatG91_18.jpg

FiatG91_19.jpg

FiatG91_20.jpg

FiatG91_21.jpg

FiatG91_22.jpg

FiatG91_23.jpg

FiatG91_24.jpg

FiatG91_20.jpg

FiatG91_21.jpg

Nice work so far! Yet, if you want to loose those paint-marks (visible in the above pictures and on the edges of the yellow color) made by the masking tape you can do this by taking a wet 2000 degree sandpaper and gently rub them off.

Good luck with the rest of your build!

Sernak

Edited by SERNAK

Hi Guys

Thank you Pacheco and Sernak

I´m going to sand/rub them down a little bit before touching up a couple of things and apply the gloss varnish.

Thanks for the interest and the tip.

Best regards

Filipe

Hi Guys

Here´s a small update on the Fiat.

Painting/Decaling of the black stripes underway. Still a long way to go.

For now I´m going to finish the tiger mouth painting with black the rest of it. Them move on to the eyes!

Feel free to comment!

Best regards

Filipe

FiatG91_25.jpg

FiatG91_26.jpg

FiatG91_27.jpg

FiatG91_28.jpg

Filipe,

You're a way braver man than I. 1st of all, congratulations on taking on such a complex paint scheme. I would have come up with a million and one excuses not to do it. Number one on my list would have been that I would have screwed it up for sure.

So far you're doing a masterful job on that complex paint scheme. I noticed the raised paint lines after you removed the masking tape like others did, but knocked them down with light sanding. Looks so much better now. The Tiger's mouth is coming out great. Can't wait for your next update.

Joel

Hi Guys

Thanks for the support Joel and Ian. Still a long way to go!

Here´s another update on this build, started the stripes on the rudder and I´m at 90% done on the nose, Needs a little clean up!

I have also painted the black parts to finish the mouth and the black stripes in this part of the aircraft.

The rudder will get the same treatment, finish up and correct the stripes with black paint.

Feel free to comment!

Best regards

Filipe

FiatG91_28.jpg

FiatG91_29.jpg

FiatG91_30.jpg

FiatG91_31.jpg

FiatG91_32.jpg

FiatG91_33.jpg

FiatG91_34.jpg

FiatG91_35.jpg