Wouldn't it be cool to see Saturn rising and falling every day instead of a boring moon.

I imagine if that was the case though, that saturn would be considered "boring" - the moon is pretty unique, only taken for granted.

Very cool image ...

Thanks for sharing it ...

Makes you wonder just how big er small our world really is. Wouldn't it be cool to see Saturn rising and falling every day instead of a boring moon.

If that were the case, we'd be the ones on the "Moon" then ...

-Gregg

Here's a bit more info I found using the OP's opening line as a search:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2373118/Cassini-First-pictures-Earth-taken-NASA-spacecraft-orbiting-Saturn.html

Very interesting!

Of note, the Earth has only been photographed from "outer space" 2 other times, and one of those was also by Cassini in 1996 (source: above link)

Thanks for sharing, pretty damn amazing really!

Such a tiny little spot of light......which sorta explains why the Space Aliens haven't invaded yet.

We are the guy in the middle....

:chain-gun:/> :shoot:/>

Are you sure that pic wasn't taken from the aliens that are about to invade?

I was hoping to insert an Apple Maps joke, but unfortunately, they didn't make any easily identifiable errors in Vancouver, BC. :( :whistle:

Thank goodness Apple didn't put in the directional software for the Cassini space probe. It would have made three orbits around the sun, then did three orbits around Mercury...three orbits around Venus and then tried to go directly through the Moon before trying for Mars. Needless to say, that wouldn't have gone well.