Convincing Silver Color for Brass and Other Surfaces

What are you trying to do with the paint? What have you tried? Upon which subjects/components? Are you desiring to apply by brush or airbrush?

My first thoughts for buffable metallics are Testors Model Master Metalizer lacquers and perhaps Rub 'n Buff.

Edit: Just noticed your sig line. What kind of etching do you do?

Edited by Horrido

I do photetching for a living(see my "signature"), mostly parts for scale models and a little bit of decorative stuff. I have Been "at it" since 1971. Other items include, but are not limited to, name plates, military insignia for figures, or "whatever else gets dreamed up." Lotta model train stuff. A search for Fotocut would turn up more information.

As far as application, this is not for me - it's for a customer to use on miniature silverware for doll house use. I have been making both brass and silver-colored sets for that trade since about 1982. I need a substitute for the silver-colored alloy that I used for that as well as some of our aircraft detail sets and things for model cars. The silver-colored alloy has become far too expensive due not only to price increases(dramatic) but also to new minimum order size(8 tons, when all I need would be about 10 pounds for a year or two, as an example).

Exactly what this customer's talents are I don't know, but I assume that if it can be sprayed on, that would be good.

Looks nice on a model aircraft, but I don't see any high polish, not to mention that a model aircraft is not a "tiny delicate piece."

Thanks anyway.

Edited by Fred