F-100C Super Sabre bare metal scheme 1/48

well this is a brief in progress tread, so far the airplane is almost done with the alclad, just need to finish the underside of the wings, then a will go on with the small details, here are a few pictures of how is turning out

2013_07_21_2907_zps165bcb73.jpg

2013_07_21_2911_zpsd2d22766.jpg

2013_07_25_2935_zps809869bc.jpg

2013_07_25_2941_zpscfd9f2ca.jpg

Hi Johan, i used polished aluminum, duraluminum, airframe aluminum and dark aluminum, for the burnt zone in the aft of the fuselage is hotmetal blue, hotmetal violet and transparent yellow, as for the base primer i used Mr surfacer 1200, sanded with a 8000 grid sand paper, then model master enamel gloss black, after it cured it was sanded with 12000 grid sand paper for a smooth finish then you pay with all the alclad tones

Hi Johan, i used polished aluminum, duraluminum, airframe aluminum and dark aluminum, for the burnt zone in the aft of the fuselage is hotmetal blue, hotmetal violet and transparent yellow, as for the base primer i used Mr surfacer 1200, sanded with a 8000 grid sand paper, then model master enamel gloss black, after it cured it was sanded with 12000 grid sand paper for a smooth finish then you pay with all the alclad tones

Thanks for your explanation.

I've used alclads black primer before but on my last nmf build the bottle i always used started acting up and wouldn't dry.

Think I'll try your approach next time, it sure looks good.

/Johan

Outstanding work, the metal finish looks very realistic. My only (minor) suggestion would be to tone down the tail markings. They look too shiny / pristine compared to the rest of the jet.

Looking forward to more pictures.....

11bee, yes the decal looks to shinny, need to be toned down, the picture was just to show how it conformed to the tail is not the real finish it will have<br><br>Thanks for your kind words about the metal finish, as soon as i make some progress i will post more pictures<br>