Need some info please.

I just purchased The Spruce Goose Hughes HK-1 Hercules Model Airplane Kit on Ebay. Has anyone ever owned this bird. I paid 11.00 shipped for it. It is 1/200 scale. Just wondering if it is worth putting time into. Your opinions appreciated. The wing span of the kit is 18". Heck, I don't know where I will set it if I do build it. Wifey will love this one. LOL.

Did you get the one with Pan Am Markings? I thought that choice of livery was ironic since Hughes competed with Pan Am and probably wouldn't sell them one even though they had operated Flying Boats in the past. I built a TWA HK-1 about 10 years ago. Later, RJ

Did you get the one with Pan Am Markings? I thought that choice of livery was ironic since Hughes competed with Pan Am and probably wouldn't sell them one even though they had operated Flying Boats in the past. I built a TWA HK-1 about 10 years ago. Later, RJ

No Pan Am markings.

Sorry, but I have to ask ... why buy the kit and then ask if it's worth building?

Good question Sean. Heck, I don't know why. I just ramble a lot, buy to many, and build to slowly when it comes to aircraft models. Sure am enjoying it though. When your an old guy like me, you can usually get by with it. You just happened to call me on it. I guess it would have been a better question to ask if I had made a good buy or not. I thought $11.00 shipped was pretty good, but what do I know.