I've recently reentered the hobby after a 15 year hiatus and have been reading ARC forums to get back up to speed. I've seen a lot of discussion about using Future floor polish and I have a few questions.

1) Why would you use Future instead of a hobby gloss coat such as Testors Gloss Clear? What are the advantages of using Future?

2) I hear that Future recently was reformulated and that the new formula is not as effective for model building. Is this true? Are y'all still using Future?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

I've recently reentered the hobby after a 15 year hiatus and have been reading ARC forums to get back up to speed. I've seen a lot of discussion about using Future floor polish and I have a few questions.

1) Why would you use Future instead of a hobby gloss coat such as Testors Gloss Clear? What are the advantages of using Future?

2) I hear that Future recently was reformulated and that the new formula is not as effective for model building. Is this true? Are y'all still using Future?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Answer 1: Economy, performance, and durability.

Answer 2: No, it hasn't, but the product line has been split into two products, one for wood floors and one for everything else. You do not want the one for wood floors. This is the product you want.

Answer 1: Economy, performance, and durability.

Answer 2: No, it hasn't, but the product line has been split into two products, one for wood floors and one for everything else. You do not want the one for wood floors. This is the product you want.

Thank you! I already bought a couple bottles of Testors Gloss Clear coat. Is there any use for it?

Edited by ex-USMC_Hornet_WSO

Thank you! I already bought a couple bottles of Testors Gloss Clear coat. Is there any use for it?

Sure. Its still good to use but be careful. The Testors stuff is lacquer so its pretty "hot." So if you did any pre-shading or if you sprayed a thin base coat then the lacquer might eat into it a bit.

I'm one of the few people who doesn't use Future to gloss up my models. I just never really liked it. My preferred gloss is Mr Super Clear gloss. Stuff looks like wet paint when dry.

Sure. Its still good to use but be careful. The Testors stuff is lacquer so its pretty "hot." So if you did any pre-shading or if you sprayed a thin base coat then the lacquer might eat into it a bit.

I'm one of the few people who doesn't use Future to gloss up my models. I just never really liked it. My preferred gloss is Mr Super Clear gloss. Stuff looks like wet paint when dry.

I bought the Testors Acryl gloss clear coat, not the lacquer. Any experience with this one? Thanks.

I don't use Testors, so can't make any specific comment about that paint. But, in general, I prefer using model paint gloss clear for my model's clear coating (I use Tamiya or Gunze acrylic). I only use Future equivalent (Pascoe's Long Life) to dip canopies for that extra glossy look.