Brett M

Tamiya 1/350 U.S.S. New Jersey

82 posts in this topic

I've been following this build and I have to congratulate you on some serious eye candy.  I have the CVN-65 with the Gold Medal etch set and the thought of attaching all those rails make me skeered.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/6/2017 at 9:10 AM, Slartibartfast said:

I've been following this build and I have to congratulate you on some serious eye candy.  I have the CVN-65 with the Gold Medal etch set and the thought of attaching all those rails make me skeered.

haha this is the first time I've attempted using this much PE (and it's a small set!) I wasn't sure I could do it, but stretching it out and building quick models in between has helped. 

 

A little more progress from the weekend, mostly on turrets and a tiny bit on the refueling boom. 

 

Comments are welcome. 

 

32080427051_49c4abf51d_b.jpg

 

31823200270_d02cb0bfb2_b.jpg

 

32080425931_99bc13fb14_b.jpg

 

I had thought Eduard included the hoses, but....nope. So I think I'll use some thin solder and bend it round till it looks close to the images I've seen. 

 

31823199270_f3d5b92487_b.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

great to see your still going with this. I haven't checked in here for a while, so you have really progressed since last time

Have you had a chance to do an more since January?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/27/2017 at 4:53 AM, The Madhatter said:

great to see your still going with this. I haven't checked in here for a while, so you have really progressed since last time

Have you had a chance to do an more since January?

I have :)

Actual updates! 

I think I've gotten everything attached to the starboard side that I can, that isn't part of the upper level superstructure. Boats are on, crane in place, etc. Now to pivot and do the port side, then upwards I go. 

Let me know what you think!

33815109255_d2160313b0_b.jpg

33774370116_42d6b5e5b7_b.jpg

33815109085_069e5a8d6c_b.jpg

33658655792_c38d0a29d8_b.jpg

33815108825_b41ec08610_b.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

that is looking beautiful! I just found this on MWS as well so will be tuning in on both fronts :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, The Madhatter said:

that is looking beautiful! I just found this on MWS as well so will be tuning in on both fronts :)

Double exposure! 

 

Thanks, glad you like it :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guess I wasn't exactly quicker with my updates.....but none the less, some work has occured. 

She looks a mess right now....but it'll clean up. 

35142773732_f191b25ac1_b.jpg

34499484753_8fc302d102_b.jpg

34921897720_c4b59bfc2b_b.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now