Here is my Italeri A-10A. This was a b$tch to build. It has the Aires cockpit, Royal resin wheels and resin intakes. I rounded off the nose on this beast because Italeri made it look to square. This isn't one of my best builds so I hope you like it. The rest can be seen in the completed build section.

034_zps8be07592.jpg

Edited by 71roadrunner426

You probably got those intakes off of Eric Mark, Sierra Hotel Models sells them now, but they are 2 piece to make it easier to paint.

If those black lines are made with a Sharpie, you should remove it with alcohol as it will bleed through your paint.

Curt

You probably got those intakes off of Eric Mark, Sierra Hotel Models sells them now, but they are 2 piece to make it easier to paint.

If those black lines are made with a Sharpie, you should remove it with alcohol as it will bleed through your paint.

Curt

I think that was him. I got these years ago on ebay when this kit first came out and they are one piece. No it's not a sharpie marker it's a dry erase marker. I never use sharpie's on my models. Thanks, Rob

Edited by 71roadrunner426
  • 2 months later...

Curt

Hello Netz!

I checked Sierra Hotel site, they have a lot of very ambitious projects and stuff! Looks good! But as far I could see, they make the 2 piece A-10 inlets only for Revell/Monogram kit, for HB and Italeri still the one piece inlet. Are those inlets really correct now? Up to now there are inlets from quickboost for Italeri, but voices say that they are a resin copy of the HB inlets?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Netz!

I checked Sierra Hotel site, they have a lot of very ambitious projects and stuff! Looks good! But as far I could see, they make the 2 piece A-10 inlets only for Revell/Monogram kit, for HB and Italeri still the one piece inlet. Are those inlets really correct now? Up to now there are inlets from quickboost for Italeri, but voices say that they are a resin copy of the HB inlets?

Hello, the two piece sets now being produced by Sierra Hotel are to be for Ital/HB as well but the originals that are used on this build are still a big improvement over the kit offerings. Which in turn would make them as much an improvement over Quickboost as it is true they are just resin copies from the kit. With the one piece type, I recommend the inlet/fan be painted up first, then masked while the rest of the kit is painted.

Oh Thank you! So I will try to get the SH 2piece inlets and sell the quickboost stuff again! I plan to make a nice A-10 from Spang using the Afterburner decals and the italeri kit.