What riveters are you guys using for 1/48 scale aircraft? I have a CH-53E sitting around that will be my guinea pig. I see some of them actually leave square "rivets" instead of round.

It's more labor intensive, since you have to make each rivet separately, but I consider this to be the ultimate rivet tool: UMM-USA beading tool. You may also be able to find it from a jewelry tool supplier, but Jon Vojtech is a great guy and deserves your business. He also makes and sells some of the best tools you can find (ergo, the only tools you can afford.) I checked the price of a similar tool at a jewelry supply store, and Jon's price is significantly better, especially since it's on sale right now. I wish all small business owners were more like Jon. He is also a master modeler by any definition. Yes, he is a personal friend, but I don't recommend a business this glowingly for any reason other than excellence.

He also makes the best scribing tool available.

Yes, most wheeled riveting tools will make square impressions, but if they look square to the naked eye, you are pressing too hard. These circular tools are faster, but harder to control.