1/48 F-14D VF-2 on the catapult

Cool, looks really good. What material did you use to make the deck out of and why 3 separate pieces instead of one piece ??

Steve

Hi Steve, I have used the Skunkmodels carrier deck but enlarged and improved because the original kit is too small and short and doesn't have a proper surface.

And to be honest I think it should need other 10-15 more in lenght in the direction of launch.

Cheers, Simone.

Edited by f12aaa

I did the washes on the deck, but I'm not really satisfied about the signs of the tyres because didn't find a proper way to replicate them exactly.

The JBD still needs the correct positioning and I'm painting the figures but still have to decide which of them to be used.

oq1t.jpg

qkj3.jpg

x2ih.jpg

lkz4.jpg

Great job, this carrier deck section is a whole project in it's self. This should make for one very impressive display when it's finished. I hope you intend to cover this with an acrylic case when it's done, to protect all your work from the dust monster.

Steve

• 4 weeks later...