1/48 Airfix Bf 109 E4

I have been slowly plodding away with the well known Airfix 1/48 Bf 109 E4, cracking kit, very little wrong with it. I decided after seeing all the hype of the all singing and dancing Eduard kit what I could do to this cheap and cheerful Airfix kit to bring it up to fighting standards. So....I replaced the barrels with master barrels. I enhanced the kit cockpit with a fair ol' chunk of Eduard P.E likewise for the exterior. I also added every single rivet....twice. That was possibly the most time consuming aspect of the build. Finished in Life colour paints, with a healthy dose of post shading, pre-shading, and washes of MiG pigments and some good ol' oil paint.

Great fun build and I must say, I am rather pleased with the result. Hope you all like it.

SAM_0065_zpsd337da91.jpg

SAM_0063_zps1e672f8b.jpg

SAM_0054_zpsf1e24fd4.jpg

SAM_0055_zps1b1d8555.jpg

SAM_0053_zpscfc70fd5.jpg

SAM_0056_zpsda594980.jpg

SAM_0062_zps0f1a0747.jpg

SAM_0064_zpse42573e6.jpg

SAM_0059_zpsd1e838e6.jpg

SAM_0057_zpsdd13af07.jpg

So what you all think? all comments welcome.

Beautiful paint and weathering, and nice to see an airframe represented doing what airframes are built to do. I think the options available for super detailing offered by maintenance scenes make aircraft on the ground very tempting, so seeing this machine barreling along, control surfaces deflected for g inducing accelerations, adds a dynamism I find tremendously appealing.

Bravo!