Some Modern Fighter Pencil Work

On 11/14/2019 at 1:08 PM, Sketchh22 said:

Just recently discovered this old OT Viper in my drawer and decided to finally wrap it up. My artistic style has definitely changed over the years!

Every artist has their own different/special style of creating Art. Do you create artworks

other than in pencil, with a splash of colors? Regardless, you have an eye for capturing

the essence of aircraft and a talent in transferring that image onto paper... excellent job

and works!

On 2/25/2020 at 6:31 PM, The Underdog said:

Every artist has their own different/special style of creating Art. Do you create artworks

other than in pencil, with a splash of colors? Regardless, you have an eye for capturing

the essence of aircraft and a talent in transferring that image onto paper... excellent job

and works!

Thanks for the encouraging words, I have done a handful of color projects but the vast majority have been in graphite. I am debating picking up a paint brush and taking it for a test drive at some point

Edited by Sketchh22
8 hours ago, Sketchh22 said:

Thanks for the encouraging words, I have done a handful of color projects but the vast majority have been in graphite. I am debating picking up a paint brush and taking it for a test drive at some point

I would encourage you to try it. With your skills and some practice, I think you would be

surprised in what you could create and accomplish.

On 2/27/2020 at 7:48 AM, The Underdog said:

I would encourage you to try it. With your skills and some practice, I think you would be

surprised in what you could create and accomplish.

Thanks alot and while I definitely think it would be refreshing to experiment with a different medium, I've always been an avid fan of the versatility of pencil and I want to contribute as much as I can to that relatively small body of work. There are some fantastic painters out there who produce exceptional aviation artwork but very few pencil artists that are making quality pieces despite the high demand for them, and want to help add to it as much as I can.

10 hours ago, Sketchh22 said:

Thanks alot and while I definitely think it would be refreshing to experiment with a different medium, I've always been an avid fan of the versatility of pencil and I want to contribute as much as I can to that relatively small body of work. There are some fantastic painters out there who produce exceptional aviation artwork but very few pencil artists that are making quality pieces despite the high demand for them, and want to help add to it as much as I can.

I think you have a solid attitude about what motivates and drives you, as an artist. One of

my favorite Pencil-type artist is Wade Meyers. His efforts and compositions are just really

magnificent. And even though the majority are done in pencil, he has some equally nicely

accomplished works of art with a splash of color!

https://www.wademeyersstudios.com/

42 minutes ago, The Underdog said:

I think you have a solid attitude about what motivates and drives you, as an artist. One of

my favorite Pencil-type artist is Wade Meyers. His efforts and compositions are just really

magnificent. And even though the majority are done in pencil, he has some equally nicely

accomplished works of art with a splash of color!

https://www.wademeyersstudios.com/

Thanks truly! I believe attitude is the most important element to being successful at anything in life, and art is no exception. I know Wades work very well, I've been following him for years and really admire the amount of time and effort he puts into not just the pieces themselves but the actual mechanics of creating them like setting up the reference points for objects and shadows. I recommend looking at some other fantastic aviation painters like RG Smith, Rick Herter, Mark Waki and William S Phillips. I've always found the simplicity of pencil more appealing and I have tremendous respect for painters who know how to really mix colors and get it right. I also recommend checking out some of the other graphite artists like Doug Kinsley, David Gray, Joe Plummer and Jim Stovall, all of whom I get my inspiration from.

Edited by Sketchh22
24 minutes ago, Sketchh22 said:

Thanks truly! I believe attitude is the most important element to being successful at anything in life, and art is no exception. I know Wades work very well, I've been following him for years and really admire the amount of time and effort he puts into not just the pieces themselves but the actual mechanics of creating them like setting up the reference points for objects and shadows. I recommend looking at some other fantastic aviation painters like RG Smith, Rick Herter, Mark Waki and William S Phillips. I've always found the simplicity of pencil more appealing and I have tremendous respect for painters who know how to really mix colors and get it right. I also recommend checking out some of the other graphite artists like Doug Kinsley, David Gray, Joe Plummer and Jim Stovall, all of whom I get my inspiration from.

Thanks for the tips on the artists, I'm on the same page. Been a huge fan of all the greats

for years, as far back as I can remember.

• 1 month later...
45 minutes ago, Sketchh22 said:

91116601_199571418005980_600384307562361

Some progress on this USMC A-4M Skyhawk from VMA-214 'Blacksheep' I started 3 years ago

9 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

THAT'S A DRAWING?????!!!!!!!

I suppose you could call it a drawing, but its better known as a "Masterpiece!"

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...