Slovak Mig-21MF and R-60 missile

MF can use R-60 indeed. So the only reason for Slovaks not to use R-60's would be that they didnt get stockpile of them. But that is not realistic considering their MiG-29's use them. Basically i would say it is safe to build Slovak MF with R-60.

I am not sure that the MF (Type 96) was wired for the R-60. But since having seen the Finish AF Hawks with the R-60's I am not surprised of anything!

We had dozens of MF's but they never carried the R-60 or even the launch rail for it. Almost in all cases just the RS-2US and the R-3S from the Air to Air missiles. It is not a question of stock piles but more of pilot training with a certain type of missile. So if you were doing a Hungarian AF example it is most certainly a NO way.

The Slovak readers should have a word here about this question! They should know it.

Best regards

Gabor

Well, Czech most certainly used R-60's...

The later (in Gorki) build MF-75 could carry R-60, the older could be upgraded. CSSR AF had some MF-75, I don't know if some of these planes went to Slovak Rep after the separation. I could not find any proof for MF-75 in slovak service as well as for upgraded older. But of course, it's possible.

Czechoslovak AF got twenty MF-75, no one went to Slovakia after separation.

Ten of them were upgraded to MFN in years 1999-2000, the last were retired 2005.

R60 were used on Czech MF after MiG-23 were retired in 1998. They were used even on older MF, not only MF-75 or MFN.

Czechoslovak AF got twenty MF-75, no one went to Slovakia after separation.

Ten of them were upgraded to MFN in years 1999-2000, the last were retired 2005.

Thanks for clarification

R60 were used on Czech MF after MiG-23 were retired in 1998. They were used even on older MF, not only MF-75 or MFN.

yes, the upgrade was not difficult (wiring more or less)