USAF Infiltrated By "Bronies"

I saw one episode of the new MLP and was definitely unimpressed; it's got nothing on the MLP of my childhood in the 80s.

That said... that patch is brill! :D

I saw one episode of the new MLP and was definitely unimpressed; it's got nothing on the MLP of my childhood in the 80s.

That said... that patch is brill! :D/>

Yeah, most rehashed version of old fads never really measure up. I recall a buddy's sister having most of the 80s era MLP stuff, back when they actually bore a resemblance to something equine. The current take on them smacks too much of Anime style influence.

The patch is hilarious and it will give them a good story to carry through their careers. It's not like they have to wear it again after training is done.

Though it does remind me that next time I see a NATO E-3 at an airshow, I'll have to buy one of their Sony Playstation inspired patches if they have any left.

Meh,

The Air Force class patches were always kind of goofy anyway. They'll have something they can laugh about as they're career progresses, but there's a lot of Air Force officers that take this kind of stuff way too seriously, I could see backlash from that.

Hoops

Heh themats funny I should get one for my kids. My lil girls love the new mlp and since I'm stuck watching whatever they watch all the time I've seen almost every episode. I will say for being what it is as a redone old show its probably the best one out there. Sure the style has changed but that's ok and the animation is quite good. Plus the storytelling and writing is quit good too. I guess it has a huge following on the Internet as well.

It's a heck of a lot better than let's see: the new teenage mutant ninja turtles, new transformers, new carebears (oh my god terrible), the new shows of Tom n Jerry and the looney tunes. I have no problem with my little girls watching it as it has a good message. It's not just senseless drivel.

I will now go away and accept the embarrassment.

Heh themats funny I should get one for my kids. My lil girls love the new mlp and since I'm stuck watching whatever they watch all the time I've seen almost every episode. I will say for being what it is as a redone old show its probably the best one out there. Sure the style has changed but that's ok and the animation is quite good. Plus the storytelling and writing is quit good too. I guess it has a huge following on the Internet as well.

It's a heck of a lot better than let's see: the new teenage mutant ninja turtles, new transformers, new carebears (oh my god terrible), the new shows of Tom n Jerry and the looney tunes. I have no problem with my little girls watching it as it has a good message. It's not just senseless drivel.

I will now go away and accept the embarrassment.

Don't be embarrassed because you are a good dad! Bravo!

Don't be embarrassed because you are a good dad! Bravo!

Yeah I don't mind it :). My 3 year old had a pony cake for her birthday and got all kinds of them. Plus she got the MLP build a beat as well. So I'm ingrained into the culture.

My 5 year old has gone the route of Disney princesses. Especially Little Mermaid. But she does watch formula 1 with me and has her favorite team Red Bull. (Hissss)

As an acclaimed former Air Force pilot (I did win some awards, and got a participation ribbon from the O'Club with "Mug Cluster") - I submit that our class patch (UPT 84-02, Laughlin AFB, Del Rio, TX) was cool then, and is still cool today. Nothing trendy or dated - clean, classic and gets the point across.

Mach1ClubPatch01_zpsd55bb498.jpg

Hitch

Hitch - yup, that's a nice, clean, classy looking UPT patch that will survive through the years without looking horribly dated. It's also a MAJOR exception to the rule. The vast majority of those things look horribly outdated by whatever movie/song/meme was trendy at the time of conception, and are barely still relevant by the time graduation rolls around.

I also think you guys had a bit of an easier time back in the days when everybody did T-37/T-38, versus the 4-track system currently in place. Hard to come up with one patch design that will keep all 4 groups happy later in life...

As an acclaimed former Air Force pilot (I did win some awards, and got a participation ribbon from the O'Club with "Mug Cluster") - I submit that our class patch (UPT 84-02, Laughlin AFB, Del Rio, TX) was cool then, and is still cool today. Nothing trendy or dated - clean, classic and gets the point across.

Hitch

ditto to Waco's comments. Your course's patch is definitely an exception - I like it. Having seen many bizarre concoctions by various Canadian military courses (the USAF does NOT have a monopoly on inanity), I am impressed by the simplicity and agelessness of your UPT patch.

But isn't the Insignia Blue a bit too light? :rolleyes::whistle:

ALF