ARC Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
speedbird2

Revell Replacement Parts

Revell Replacement Parts  

1. 1. How long did you wait for Revell replacement parts?

• Did the Shuttle atop the 747 give you problems?

After waiting over 4 months, Revell finally sent me replacement struts for the Space Shuttle/747 model. Had they made the parts correctly in the first place, they wouldn't have cracked. They made the parts so thin. Did they really expect those thin struts to securely keep the Shuttle atop the 747? Revell usually makes good products; I've never had cracked parts before.

After waiting over 4 months, Revell finally sent me replacement struts for the Space Shuttle/747 model. Had they made the parts correctly in the first place, they wouldn't have cracked. They made the parts so thin. Did they really expect those thin struts to securely keep the Shuttle atop the 747? Revell usually makes good products; I've never had cracked parts before.

Was it a Revell USA kit or a Revell Germany kit? The parts from the US based company usually show up in a week or two, but for some reason Revell Germany stuff will take forever.

Never had to wait more than 3 weeks. Usually quicker.

Edited by Huey Gunner

I probably would have just scratch built new ones out of brass (or plastic tube if that's all I had handy). No waiting required.

The kit parts aren't particularly accurate anyway, accurate resin replacements are available.