Thank You. Its a joy to build so far and I don't expect any hang ups at all. Its now all buttoned up and I am working through the engine and cowl I test fitted the cowl parts and all seems like a nice fit.

a few more shots

TamiyaCorsair2008_zps0c06a0c8.jpg

TamiyaCorsair2007_zpse42348ce.jpg

More done and some observations for you

I have never been more pleased with the fit of ANY kit as much as I have been with this one.

Extra Credit TAMIYA you have raised the BAR and then have taken it TO THE MAX of the NEXT LEVEL..

No filler will be required when you attach the Fuselage to the wing root section....if you need some you misaligned something...

I am NOT the best at building models and I got it right somehow so my thought is Big T Idiot proofed the kit and I am referring to myself as the Idiot... So far I have only had to fill at the Fuselage join and the gull wing joins. Also a bit of filler at the oil cooler opening.. The only hang up so far was NONE!!!! on to the pictures

please hit me with questions if you have any...

Nice piece of PE to cover the seam only need to fill a bit on the small join lines

TamiyaCorsair3007_zps1806efe6.jpg

Test fit of the GULL and oil cooler inlet

TamiyaCorsair3003_zps94bb726c.jpg

TamiyaCorsair3002_zpsfe4570ac.jpg

Center Spar and the oil coolers and gear bay sides all in place. the clips are holding the lower cockpit sidewalls in place as they dry. These side walls also have the lower outer fuselage molded on it so alignment was critical...

TamiyaCorsair3010_zpscd9f50a3.jpg

TamiyaCorsair3011_zps1270bc11.jpg

Center Spar and the oil coolers and gear bay sides all in place. the clips are holding the lower cockpit sidewalls in place as they dry. These side walls also have the lower outer fuselage molded on it so alignment was critical...

TamiyaCorsair3010_zpscd9f50a3.jpg

TamiyaCorsair3011_zps1270bc11.jpg

Test fit of the GULL note the top of the gear bay in place..

TamiyaCorsair3013_zps2915cafd.jpg

Note the gray pin inside the fuselage. This post is part of the bulk head you fit into the fuselage and Tamiya has slots for it on the center spar for strength and more important ALIGNMENT

TamiyaCorsair3017_zps1f0a1622.jpg

TamiyaCorsair3018_zps9cc0ec09.jpg

Edited by viper730

Alright got things working at photobucket but the whole wing assembly sequence is MIA...I am gonna lay some paint later today tonight and the next update will be that...

what you are seing is the test fit of the completed kit minus gear doors which are again a perfect fit.

the only thing I may do is shave down the wing supports a bit to get a better fit at the hinge point as you can see in the test shots the join could be better and trust me I pushed as had as I dared to and there was still a gap...

TamiyaCorsair4001_zpsacbcdc3e.jpg

TamiyaCorsair4002_zps412c85f6.jpg

TamiyaCorsair4003_zps087faa98.jpg

Tamiya Corsair's Big brother next to lil brother 1/48...

BTW the camera I misplaced was in the 3 drawer storage in the background....I placed it down when I was looking for a part for a buddy who had called...and yep closed the drawer and found it 5 days later....

TamiyaCorsair4008_zpscc45369e.jpg

TamiyaCorsair4009_zps135cd8c9.jpg

TamiyaCorsair4010_zps026a634b.jpg

Edited by viper730