Quick, the chopper will be here in ten minutes and if you're not on board, you'll be left behind. They only have room enough for you and one armload of personal gear. Run to your stash and pick the ten kits that will keep you from going insane on the quarantine island. Best pick only those kits you are most excited about starting or finishing.

As I only have ten kits in my stash, this is easy for me:

Tamiya 1/48 Beaufighter - to be made up as a DAP Mk21 RAAF Target tug

Airfix 1/72 Firefly - Australian Navy markings

FROG 1/72 Sea Venom - Australian Navy markings

Airfix 1/72 Friendship - TAA markings

Glencoe 1/81 Curtis Condor - Byrd Antarctic markings

Hasegawa 1/72 UH-1 RNZAF Antarctic markings

Hasegawa 1/72 Tracker - Australian Navy markings

Vacuum form and resin kit of unknown origins 1/72 Otter - US Navy Antarctic markings

Hobby Boss 1/72 Mustang - Tuskegee markings.

Airfix 1/72 Vampire T.11 - RAAF markings.

I do have an escape box. It holds some (more than) 15 kits, some tools and fresh adhesives.

In 1/72 (gentlemans) scale, CMK Short Empire S.21, 4 CMK Spitfires, a Planet Aichi E11-A1 (Laura), 3 LM PC-9As, a T-100 Bugatti, Bristol Firebrand

In 1/48 scale, a NKR Boomerang, Planet CA-15 and T-100 Bugatti, an Alley Cat Jindivik. There are others like a Percival Gull, Link Trainer, a 1/43 Ferrari, all of which are in a sealable plastic tub, right near my Wingnuts and motorbike kits.

Begs the question, where is this island? There must be fishing. :)

G

1/48 Monogram B-24J<div>1/48 Monogram B-17G</div><div>1/48 Tamiya He-219</div><div>1/48 Hasegawa F-22</div><div>1/48 Eduard MiG-21SMT</div><div>1/48 Tamiya P-47D Bubbletop</div><div>1/48 Monogram B-29</div><div>1/48 Eduard FW-190D-9</div><div>1/48 Revell F-15E</div><div>1/48 Tamiya F-16C</div><div><br>Aaron

</div>

My eye pad adds funny characters

Edited by jester292

Ten kits? If I stay on the island for 30 years, I'll only finish about 6 of them.

1/700 Pit-Road DDH 181 Hyuga

1/700 Pit-Road AOE-422 Towada

1/700 Cyberhobby LCS-4 Coronado

1/144 Revell-Germany AV-8B Harrier

1/144 Revell-Germany AH-64D Apache

1/144 Platz FFR-41MR Mave Yukikaze

1/72 Fine Molds Me-109 G2

1/72 Hasegawa Macross VE-1

1/72 Revell-Germany TPz 1 Fuchs

1/72 Revell-Germany Horten Go 229

the last two mostly because scratchbuilding the interiors was so satisfying. The others because I found building them interesting and not troublesome, or I am looking forward to building them the most.

Ten kits? If I stay on the island for 30 years, I'll only finish about 6 of them.

I was at the doctors the other day, and at the age of forty, was told that I might have as little as thirty-five years left to live. This shocking news has at least given me a new perspective on what's important to me, and I am living life to the fullest in the time I have remaining.

Hearing the bad news mapped out in kits might have be even more upsetting, but as I am something of a kit basher, I'm likely to at least finish my stash before I peg out, so before anyone asks, no, you cannot have my unbuilt stuff after my demise.

• 2 weeks later...

Polar Lights 1/350 NCC-1701 Enterprise

1/48 Revell B-1B

1/32 Tamiya F-16

maybe another 1/350 Tamiya Enterprise CVN-65

Other than that I can't really narrow it down. If you said I was limited to 10 Tamiya F-16 kits, I would have problems just deciding which ones to do.

Brian

Polar Lights 1/350 NCC-1701 Enterprise

1/48 Revell B-1B

1/32 Tamiya F-16

maybe another 1/350 Tamiya Enterprise CVN-65

Other than that I can't really narrow it down. If you said I was limited to 10 Tamiya F-16 kits, I would have problems just deciding which ones to do.

Brian

Having such dilemmas is a luxury to savour. Like your choices. That B1 will be one big one.

1/48 Revell B-1B

1/48 Collect Aire F-86H

1/48 Italeri C-130H

1/48 Hasegawa TA-4J

1/48 Tamiya F-16C "Thunderbirds"

1/48 Modelcraft F-82 (I figure that kit would take me until the end of days to finish, might as well start it...)

1/72 RVHP UC-12M Huron (USN)

1/72 Hasegawa EP-3E Aries

1/72 Hasegawa NP-3D "Billboard" Orion

1/72 AMT KC-135R

After spending the pennies my birthday brought with it, I now have the Special Hobby 1/72 Westland Whirlwind "Different Whirlwinds" boxing. Sorry, Airfix Firefly. You're staying behind.

The kit, fitting into my developing taste for prototype airframes, came with resin and PE components. This will be my first build with either. I am a little bit daunted, but I am finding the general sense of enthusiasm on this forum infectious, and am trying new things with greater aplomb than in the past.

All my GA bugsmashers and a couple of corporate jet type things.....absolutely NO military stuff....unless there was a suitable civvy scheme it could be done in. Might have to enlist a couple of helpers to carry it all, though.

I've only got a Tamiya P-51B, Tamiya F4U-1, and Hasegawa P-38J in the "stash"... so it'd be those. But given time to track stuff down I'd find the biggest boat kits I can. I have no desire to build boats, but can you say RAFT!! :monkeydance:/>

A fine idea, but I can also say quarantine. Please leave your aircraft kits by the conch before you set sail back to the zompocalypse.

A fine idea, but I can also say quarantine. Please leave your aircraft kits by the conch before you set sail back to the zompocalypse.

Doh! The teacher always said to read the entire question before you answer. I'll go sit in the corner by myself for awhile :stupid: