Tamiya Gamma Goat Inbound!

God I remember those. Noisy cold and always breaking down. HQ Troop had them not the line units.

TC

I saw a couple when I was at boot camp at Benning, they were already in the process of being phased out. Seemed like a pretty miserable thing to ride in but at least we should have some pretty nice painting options.

In the late 70s, tank battalions had a several with one in medical platton as an ambulance, another in the maintenance platoon and then the maintenance section in Combat Support Company had one. Took them swimming with my Scout Platoon. That was a hoot!

I had one in my maintenace section when I commanded the Combat Support Company in 2-68 Armor. The thing was getting long in the tooth and spent more time deadlined than operational. They were replaced with CUCVs in the mid-80s.

Jeff

When I was a Chap platoon leader with 1-67 ADA, 9th ID, Ft. Lewis from '79 - '81, Alpha and Bravo Batterys had Goats to tow thier M167 Vulcans. Very hard to maintain. We were glad to have our SP Chaps.

• 1 month later...