Masking an aircraft nose

the best way I've found is to cut the masking tape into a thin line, and mask the demarcation line. The thin tape will curve easily around the nose, then use wider strips to mask off the rest of the nose.

Hope that makes sense.

cheers,

Mike

Whenever painting a tapered surface that needs to be masked you should always start from the small end and work up, you do not have to induce a curve into your masking tape as you would taping off the larger end.

Curt

I saw a tip one time where the builder used a plastic bag to mask it. He just poked the nose through the plastic up to the point of the demarcation line, and the bag masked the rest of the plane. I haven't tried it yet, but it seems pretty simple.

I saw a tip one time where the builder used a plastic bag to mask it. He just poked the nose through the plastic up to the point of the demarcation line, and the bag masked the rest of the plane. I haven't tried it yet, but it seems pretty simple.

I've done this and it works well to prevent overspray on your model but not great for a tight demarcation line as it diesnt hold it's position well. So mask first with the thin tape strip than put a bag over her head :thumbsup: