New 1/72 DH Vampire - by MPM/Special Hobby

Hi all,

there is another interesting model for you here, I hope you will like it.

Completely designed using the CAD 3D technology, the moulds will be also made of steel, as in the AH-1 Cobra case.

The level of details is quite a high, for such a small an aeroplane, I would say.

There will be Mk.3 and 5 versions now, and another different versions are to come later.

Vampire_1_zps18587f16.jpg

Vampire_2_zps86029da5.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

there is another interesting model for you here, I hope you will like it.

Completely designed using the CAD 3D technology, the moulds will be also made of steel, as in the AH-1 Cobra case.

The level of details is quite a high, for such a small an aeroplane, I would say.

There will be Mk.3 and 5 versions now, and another different versions are to come later.

Vampire_1_zps18587f16.jpg

Please please please...up-scale to 1/48 !!

:rolleyes:/>

Marc B

Hi Petr

Hi, there

Looks wonderfull.

But, when looking at the pictures , I can't help myself thinking about like a CMR Czech Master Resin -AZ co-production, but I may be wrong of course , as CMR doesn't exist any more under this single label!

I can't help but imagine that there may be two different Petr's work (one Petr.B and one Petr.M) behind what looks like a delightfull little model.

The answer may rest in the business mysteries.

Where are the good old years gone ?

Just nostalgia !

Best regards to all of you.

Madcop :)

PS. I must reckon that if all this came true and was the result of a "gentlemen agreement", the idea behind is quite nice as injected models are far more affordable for the majority of modellers.

I have the CMR Vampire F.3 and Mk.6 as well as the Venom Mk.1R, and these are undisputed jewels.

I am just looking forward being able to compare both OOB products ( keeping in mind the limitation brought by the injection manufacturing)

The big question...will there be a shark-mouthed decal option in the box?

You mean like the 112 sqn scheme in the Revell/Heller kit, now that'd be nice?

Steve.

Just FYI 112 Squadron only flew the MK5.

Nice looking kit and box art too!! Any chance of a Venom in the pipeline? :pray:/>/>

------------------

Edited by barkin mad

Just FYI 112 Squadron only flew the MK5.

Nice looking kit and box art too!! Any chance of a Venom in the pipeline? :pray:

------------------

Thats allright then, seeing as it has alternative parts for a Mk.5, I'd be good with those as a decal option, camo top & pru blue undersides?

Steve.

Thats allright then, seeing as it has alternative parts for a Mk.5, I'd be good with those as a decal option, camo top & pru blue undersides?

Steve.

Yes you can have that, some of 112 sqdn's jets were overall silver, for an alternative.

----------------------

I've got one of the Heller Vampires among my stock which has markings for a silver 112 sqn machine, but I'll confess to not being a fan of silver aeroplanes of any era, basically a camo junky I guess. The Revell boxing of the same kit goes for silly money in New Zealand, about $US20.00 which seems a bit nuts for a old molding of a tiny plane, if I'm going to spend real money, then I'd rather spend it on something like this rather nice looking new tool. As for the decals, I might have to put the word out there to see if anyone has some they haven't used, I'm keen to do a line of Camo'd 112 sqn Aircraft right up to the F-86 which I have, the Vampire is about the only one missing.

Steve.

• 3 months later...

Hi all,

this is the 3rd testshot built model. As the upper half is only loosely attached to the bottom (not cemented in order to keep the interior visible) there is some slight gap between the fuselage halves. No need for your worries when assembling the model properly with either plastic or super-glue.

The clear parts are made from ugly bluish rubber-like stuff, again, you´ll get correct crystal clear parts in the kit.

IMG_9111_zpsb8d9cc9e.jpg

IMG_9112_zpse7b494ac.jpg

IMG_9113_zps9e1d3ab9.jpg

IMG_9114_zps6ccac8a0.jpg

IMG_9109_zps309efdb8.jpg

IMG_9110_zps20ab0820.jpg

Obligatory....

Available in 2014, this sheet will provide enough decals for both aircraft shown (2 complete models).

dhvampire_zps473dcc3c.jpg

thanks

David

David, I believe the 410 Vampire's stripe should be Blue not Red, as they were known as the 'Blue Devils'. The little cougar on the nose was Red. Unless of course you have a colour rendering that proves different.

Cheers, Tony

David, I believe the 410 Vampire's stripe should be Blue not Red, as they were known as the 'Blue Devils'. The little cougar on the nose was Red. Unless of course you have a colour rendering that proves different.

Cheers, Tony

According to Warpaint #27 and a few other sources, the standard service stripe with type 1 roundels was Red. The cougar was applied in both black and red.

94_2.jpg

edit - this is the only image I can find of it being blue, and the marking scheme is very different. Missing the boom roundels, different fin flash, etc. This is the 'Blue Devils' aerobatics team so perhaps it had different markings?? It certainly seems like this was a later marking scheme (based on the fin flash alone).

Not hard to change the art to blue, but I'd need more evidence this was the case.

94_2_b1.jpg

Edited by RiderFan

According to Warpaint #27 and a few other sources, the standard service stripe with type 1 roundels was Red. The cougar was applied in both black and red.

edit - this is the only image I can find of it being blue, and the marking scheme is very different. Missing the boom roundels, different fin flash, etc. This is the 'Blue Devils' aerobatics team so perhaps it had different markings?? It certainly seems like this was a later marking scheme (based on the fin flash alone).

Not hard to change the art to blue, but I'd need more evidence this was the case.

I'm only familiar with the second image you have, blue stripe with red outline, I will have a search today of all my stuff, the artwork in Dan Dempsey's "A Tradition of Excellence" by both Geoff Bennett and Peter Mossman have it in blue. The pic on page 73 has a boom roundel,tall fin flash, serial number over the boom stripe and you can just make out the outlining of the stripe. The closeup of the team personnel on page 72 (DND PL 48038) indicates the 'cougar' is definitely not black-it appears to be the same shade as the outlining of the stripe.

Still looking, but there will be no colour photos existing I'm afraid.

Cheers, Tony

Hi Tony.

It's not a big deal to change the colours, but I'd just need something definitive. None of the books or documentation I have states anywhere what colours were used. Larry Milberry's book takes the time to talk about how they had to scrounge their own masking tape to paint them, but never mentions what the aircraft actually looked like.

or Downsview June 1949

410_zps015b299c.jpg

Tony

It's the type 1 roundel style I am doing, I actually don't even need the AMP on the sides but was trying to figure out if I could squeeze multiple options on one sheet and the WarPaint reference seemed to indicate what I'd done was correct.