So who isn't going to the Nationals?

My excuse is no job and no money. Never been to Colorado and would have loved to see it. Hampton Roads is a definite trip though for sure as there is family to visit there.

My excuse is to much work and no money. I would love to go to Colorado. I do not think the wife is going to say yes anyway. She would probably say... And what? Buy some more jets? You can't even finish the one in your table. And where the hell will you place it? There is no more space in your man cave.

Eric

We can't get up there this year,,,,Anne just graduated in May, and started her first job in the field in late July.

So, since we go to all the shows together, I can't go until she can get her vacation after her first year on the job.

Hampton is our next planned Nats, she should be free to take the week, and I am now a full time model builder (ironic, I guess). We will just have to be content with the local and regional shows until then, I guess.

I'm not gonna make it this year in favor of Scale Model World in Telford UK. I've already been to a number of US Nats over the last 11 years so I thought it's time to change it up a bit and visit the UK instead. Yes, it's gonna be costly to say the least. The plane ticket alone is about $1,200, but it will be a new experience to meet and see the work of top modellers in Europe. I'm looking forward to it!

:cheers:/>

Stuck in Michigan with a pile of medical bills from last fall. I was really looking forward to this one..I'd been waiting years for Colorado to host a Nats. Hopefully this one is successful enough that they'll do it again in a few years.

SN

I'm not gonna make it this year in favor of Scale Model World in Telford UK. I've already been to a number of US Nats over the last 11 years so I thought it's time to change it up a bit and visit the UK instead. Yes, it's gonna be costly to say the least. The plane ticket alone is about $1,200, but it will be a new experience to meet and see the work of top modellers in Europe. I'm looking forward to it!

:cheers:/>/>

Now, that would be an awesome trip!

:cheers:/>/>

I'm making the trip to Telford next year, if all goes well. Always wanted to go so next year is my chance. Hope you enjoy the trip and the show.

Rob

I'm still not at a place in modeling that I could see taking a major vacation to go to a contest. The wife and kids would never go for it. Now if its in VA beach next year I may be able to pull that of. My wife was talking about going there this year but we never made it. Might be a good excuse!

For clarification's sake, the 2014 Nationals are in HAMPTON VA at the Hampton Roads Convention Center , about 40-60 min from Virginia Beach depending on tunnel traffic. The same chapter (IPMS Tidewater) that has run Virginia Beach Nationals in the past is running 2014, just in a different location. Once Colorado is completed we will be releasing all of the particulars.

As soon as they announced at last years (2012) that it was going to be at Hampton Va, my wife and I started to make plans to attend our second Nationals. It is only a 2 day trip instead of 3 like last year. I really enjoyed last year. Hopefully next year I will get to meet more modelers from ARC.

Wayne