Any pick up the 1/20 Ebbro Lotus 49???

• 9 months later...

Haven't build a race or car model in more years then I can remember. But these current Ebbro kits seem to be just that much better then the Tamiya 1/20 scale kits, and solve such basic issues as the exhaust headers. Will be buying all the Lotuses, especially the 49 as it was the car that I 1st saw Jim Clark and Graham Hill drive in person at Watkins Glen. Would love to see a kit of the 1967 Gurney Eagle that he won Spa in.

Joel

Like Vince said, it looks great in the box. The tires are jsut about worth the price of admission alone. I haven't built mine yet, but I am working on one of the Lotus 72 kits. The detail is pretty good, the fit is not bad, but nowhere near as good as a newer Tamiya kit. Don't get me wrong, I love the kit, but the fit of some of the parts kind of reminds me of a disassembled diecast kit. (Again, this is Lotus 72 experience.)

-Dave

Like Vince said, it looks great in the box. The tires are jsut about worth the price of admission alone. I haven't built mine yet, but I am working on one of the Lotus 72 kits. The detail is pretty good, the fit is not bad, but nowhere near as good as a newer Tamiya kit. Don't get me wrong, I love the kit, but the fit of some of the parts kind of reminds me of a disassembled diecast kit. (Again, this is Lotus 72 experience.)

-Dave

That doesn't surprise me. IIRC Ebbro was a builder of die-cast cars prior to entering the plastic model realm.

Vince