HobbyBoss 1:48 A-6A Intruder

Are those Mk. 83s sharing the sprues w/ the Harpoons?

Those actually look more like AGM-84E SLAMs instead of Harpoons, which is inappropriate for an A model. Longer body and the front looks of the missile looks like it takes a clear piece. Hobby Boss seems to love the things. Have a stash of em from all the hobby boss hornet kits I had. I would much rather have the harpoons. Tired of cutting down my revell spares.

It would've been nice to see some snakeyes in addition to the slicks.

Edited by Sgt Spooky

The non-thermally protected were used so no problem with the kit bombs:

http://naval.aviation.museum/emuwebdoncoms/objects/common/webmedia.php?irn=57114

plus it took time for thermally protected bombs to become fully available so the old stock did get used up, along with the new bombs resulting in mixed loads:

Bombs 1972

Now if they would have included Mk-83 Snakeyes that would have been... :woot.gif:

Jari

I would dig seeing some sea mines, ala mining of Haiphong Harbor - agree, ditch the SLAM/Harpoons, they are readily available elsewhere.

Considering that some of the mines delivered were the Destructor mines and all those were just modified Mk80 series bombs with specialized fuzing and parachute packs it really shouldn't be that to have some built up or even scratch build some. Here is a linky to the Destructor mines history

Don’t remember where I found this info:

The mining which commenced on 8 May continued for about eight months. During these eight months, 108 Mk 52 mines were laid in the Haiphong channels and about 11,603 DST 36s were planted throughout the costal and inland waters of the DRV. Ten aircraft carriers participated in the effort and one aircraft, an A-7E from VA-113 USS Ranger on Dec 24 1972, was lost in the entire campaign.

A bit dark but an A-6A Intruder of Marine All-Weather Attack Squadron VMA(AW)-224 on the USS Coral Sea CVA 43 with Mk-52 mines:

http://naval.aviation.museum/emuwebdoncoms/objects/common/webmedia.php?irn=47644

Jari

I HATE folded wing options, so the make or break is how well the wing parts fit in the extended position. Honestly, when I'm king the law will be that manufacturers who include a folded wing option also have to include an extra sprue with a spread wing option!