SEPECAT Jaguar Gr-1 Desert storm

Another one of my favorite jets has finally been issued in a proper scale.

The Jaguar is IMHO what a fighterbomber should look like. it's just way cool.

Airfix released a kit ages ago that well. it kinda looked like a Jag. but this one honostly do. Kittyhawk has done a grate job on the Jaguar but still they have some soulutions a little more clever in theory than practice. However when all is said and done it looks like a Jaguar.

This one is built more or less OOB. I changed the seat for a Palva resin seat I had in my stash, other than that it's OOB.

I did't have any RAF bombs or pods laying about though. so the loadout is not 100 pst accurate.

Main sceeme is desert pink, or a variant of it. Mixed from Tamiya acryllics, (Flat Flesh and Flat Earth. 80-20 ratio)

20130814_234742_zps597d4154.jpg

20130814_234728_zpsd52231e8.jpg

I'l take some more pics when I get home monday. I'm at my parents house 300 miles from home and I dont' have a telephoto lens that'l Reach that far :)/>

The kittyhawk Jag is not to bad. It's not a Tamiyagawa shake and bake sort of kit, but if you take Your time and build the kit you'l get Your Moneys Worth. Just make dang sure to messure twice and cut once. Both the engine bay and cocpit are trubble ares, not to mention the main landing gear is a PITA to get right. As a matter of fact I'd recomend to build the main landinggear before anything else on this thing..

Also be aware that the instructions are not neiher logical or makes an awfull lotta sense so a fear'mount of guessing is required. But hell I'm gonna make atleast one more in 80's wrap arround green/gray cammo. But I'm gonna wait for a resin cocpit before I do the my next jag. IMHO both the kit cocpit and seat blows. The panels are "photo etch" but I had a really hard time to pick out the details of buttons,instruments and knobs. the seat does not look anything like the real thing so aftermarket is in my opinion mandatory. But like I said , With a little bit of work it'l come out just fine.

Edited by Tiger27