White Freightliner COE

I do not remember this kit being so hard to build when I was ten years old on my Moms kitchen table! But I finally finished and now I am working on the AMT Lowboy Trailer to go with the tractor.

100_1528_zpsfc9c1a56.jpg

100_1526_zps6eb0f6d3.jpg

100_1525_zps78bb616f.jpg

100_1523_zps6f9717ea.jpg

You done a fabulous job on a tough kit. I have this kit on the bench now and know the challenges it presents. What paint did you use on the stacks and rear rims? I attempted a Pete 352 back when I was a young pup. Needless to say it beat me. It resembled a Pete, but the multi-part frame and tilt hinges did not come out well. Amt instructions are also a bit vague.

Edited by a20havoc

You done a fabulous job on a tough kit. I have this kit on the bench now and know the challenges it presents. What paint did you use on the stacks and rear rims? I attempted a Pete 352 back when I was a young pup. Needless to say it beat me. It resembled a Pete, but the multi-part frame and tilt hinges did not come out well. Amt instructions are also a bit vague.

Thanks for the comment Havoc. On the chrome/silver areas I base painted with gloss black. On the stacks I used Krylon chrome silver straight from the can. The rims are testors silver from the bottle and airbrushed on. You are right this kit was not easy to build and the instructions were not very clear. I want to build another truck though. I am looking at the Moebius Lonestar. I hear it is a very nice kit to build.

• 1 month later...