Schrödinger's Kits

So, as most of us know, this week is the IPMS USA Nationals in Loveland, Colorado. Unfortunately not all of us get to go to Nationals every year, and so many are missing out on seeing fantastic craftsmanship; meeting up with old friends; scrambling like hen wives for marginal discounts on dusty, long OOP, ill fitting and inaccurate kits; hefting a few drinks with loud Czech vendors who favor orange clothing; and enjoying post-bar closing fisticuffs with brass knuckles and the occasional hurled trident.

tridenttoss.png

Fear not! There is a way for you too to enjoy the excitement of the IPMS USA Nationals, through this exclusive giveaway!

"But Waco, is this really for me?"

An excellent question, my good friend! And one which I will answer with three additional questions:

1. Are you a casual fan and conversational expert on theoretical physics which baffles some of the brightest minds on the planet?

2. Do you like mediocrity in the form of a pop-culture television program which claims to be about science, but which is really all about sex and highly improbable relationships but also offers the opportunity to ogle Kaley Cuoco in whatever the low cut top of the evening is?

3. Do you like free stuff?

If you answered yes to any of the above, then this giveaway IS for you!!!

Now in addition to this week being the IPMS USA National convention, it is also the 126th anniversary of the birth of Erwin Rudolf Josef Alexander Schrödinger, the famous Austrian physicist whose parents got a discount on surplus names on the day of his happy arrival onto planet earth. More renowned for his work in quantum mechanics than for being one of the few humans to hold 5 names and have his parents simultaneously forget all of them, Schrödinger made numerous important contributions which formed the basis of modern wave theory. These included an original interpretation of the physical meaning of the wave function and in subsequent years a resultant criticism of the conventional Copenhagen interpretation of quantum mechanics. This latter, rather brilliant observation is famously known as the paradox of Schrödinger's cat, a groundbreaking thought experiment which, largely thanks to pop-culture television, has been reduced to an internet meme which few people truly understand, but which makes for a series of awesomely wonderful gifs to share on your narcissistic social media feeds alongside your duck face selfies:

schrodinger__s_cat_by_failureconfetti-d3kh8t5.jpg

chemcat_shrodinger.jpg

Really, considering he selected a cat for his thought experiment, Schrödinger was easily over a century ahead of his time...at any rate...

"But Waco, I stopped reading after free stuff (well, really, after I looked and saw you didn't have any pictures of Kaley Cuoco in a low cut top)...what does this have to do with a giveaway?"

Ah, see, I was just getting to that. I intend to capitalize of the similarly popular phenomenon (and really, that's kind of a funny word...say it slowly...phe-nom-en-nom-en-nom-en-nom-en-non...kinda fun) in this National Week EXCLUSIVE giveaway. Below you will see, elegantly arrayed on the bar at Cabral Outfitters and Lodging, 5 boxes of varying shapes and sizes. These, ladies and gentlemen, are Waco Schrödinger's Kits:

IMG_5394_zpsc69f785a.jpg

What's in the box? YOU HAVE NO IDEA!!! Hell, I HAVE NO IDEA! I wrapped these things up after I was drinking, and honestly, I can't remember what I put in what box! By the way, the whiskey isn't part of the giveaway, it's for size reference only. Don't touch my Jack Daniels. Seriously. The point is, what's in the box could be something awesome, or it could be my idea of a really sick, funny joke. You just don't know! If you win one of Waco Schrödinger's Kits (technically, Waco Miguel Roberto Carbajal Schrödinger's Kits, but my ISP charges by the letter), you will receive the box. Until you open it, the kit could be anything you want. It could be the 1/32 Tamiyagawa Blackbird/Me-109/F-14D retool you've always dreamed of. It could be a first release Trumpeter 1/32 Wildcat. As long as you don't unwrap it, the kit can remain whatever you want it to be.

Imagine, after this giveaway, these kits may get passed on, from modeler to modeler, each knowing he got EXACTLY what he's always dreamed of having, at a spectacular price. For decades, the kits float around the world, handed down and treasured like a Mitchell Hedges Skull, treasured and invaluable...AS LONG AS YOU DON'T OPEN THE BOX! If you open the box, relativity ceases, the uncertainty principle is broken, and you'll see exactly what you've won. But why would you want to do that, when you can have your dream model in hand, along with all its accessories, simply by winning one of Waco Schrödinger's Kits?

You idiots are going to open the boxes, aren't you?

Fine.

But first, you gotta win. So here's how you can be entered to win one of Waco Schrödinger's Kits. E-mail me your ARC user name, real world name, and mailing address to miguel.carbajal907 (at) yahoo (dot) com. Notice I said e-mail. Don't PM me, because I won't enter your name. Instead, your data will get a different physics lesson, one involving a first hand introduction to the concept of gravitational lensing associated with the quantum mechanics of a sigularity....you'll never know if I even saw your data, because it won't make it beyond the event horizon. I say again, E-MAIL ME YOUR INFO! And I'm not trying to be a jerk about it, but you'd be amazed how many people don't read that far, and PM me their stuff. Yeah, yeah, I know, they're still looking for Kaley Cuoco in short-shorts. I get it.

Anyway, once your info is e-mailed to me, you're entered to win Waco Schrödinger's Kits. Since this is a Nationals themed giveaway, all entries must be received by the approximate end of the last event associated with the USA Nationals, namely the aforementioned post-bar fisticuffs with brass knuckles and tridents. As an approximation, we'll use midnight, AKDT, this coming Saturday, 17 Aug. E-mail me your info by then, and you're entered. Sometime on Sunday, I'll randomly select 5 winners from all qualified entrants, and you'll be the proud owner of a fantastic prize....or a laughable joke. But if you don't open the box, IT'LL BE EXACTLY WHAT YOU WANT IT TO BE!!!

Got it? Cool. Now all that's left is for everyone to wonder...

1082851_10202001094095581_233554198_n.jpg?oh=4d079beb0bf594189a3af23b3a2a8c58&oe=520FF388&__gda__=1376805557_0ad12b1d73bb0e0617cadcceeb2154d9

Edited by Waco

Questions:

1. How's your wife going to react when she discovers you shipped her cat?

2. Why is alcohol commonly on display in your at-home images (Yellow Tail and Jack Daniel's seem prevalent)?

3. What is your preferred wine (viticultural, not vociferal)?

PS -- Thank you for putting this on.

e-mail sent. I'm sure the NSA already knows not only what's in the box, but who won it, when they'll receive it and what they plan on doing with it. It's all been logged, so be safe and get your tinfoil hats out NOW.

Bill

Waco,

You sir are too much fun! I can only imagine sitting at home if I win staring at the box, :huh: to open it or not!? Am I going to end up like the person in Indiana Jones unable to handle the immense power of the box :gr_eek2: , or find my dream kit staring back at me? What would I do :OMG-OMG: .

Good idea: We also need "Heisenberg's kits", where you can either know the scale or the subject, but never both of them together. Or "Fermat's Last Kit"(I have an excellent explanation for this last one, which this forum post is too short to contain).

I always thought the situation was too tame and could use another variable....Hence Schrodinger's Wolverine where the wolverine is viewed as both alive/dead and the receipiant of the box is viewed as either injured or not injured all waiting for the opening of said box. Fun for one and all except maybe the guy that actually opens the box. Just a thought from my twisted mind I guess...

Cheers

Bruce

Since this is a Nationals themed giveaway, all entries must be received by the approximate end of the last event associated with the USA Nationals, namely the aforementioned post-bar fisticuffs with brass knuckles and tridents. As an approximation, we'll use midnight, AKDT, this coming Saturday, 17 Aug.

Are you sure that the fun will end that soon? You have to figure in the hangover recovery time, the discovery and beating of survivors and inspection of all empty liquor bottles.....

You may want to give it a few more days/weeks........ :whistle: ;)

I swear, if I win and you ship me a cat, my wife will kill me!

And yet, you entered a contest with Schrödinger in the title. Interesting.

In all seriousness (heh), despite our postal neighbors to the north's oral affinity for deceased ursine, I am reassured by the USPS that it is, in fact, illegal to mail a feline, alive, dead, or subject to relativistic laws of uncertainty. Therefore, the odds of you receiving an actual feline as a result of this contest are relatively low. Although, if you never open the box, you won't QUITE be certain.

And by our neighbors to the north, I mean to my east.

And by relatively low, I mean, it's still a possibility.

BEjF0iYCEAM0zfG.png

So, update time. At this point, I have 26 completely accurate, correct entries. I also have 6 folks who did not send me the requested information fully and correctly. There are 5 of you who have been pushed beyond the event horizon, towards the singularity because you PM'd me.

24ae1-baby-facepalm.jpg

And finally, there is one of you who has sent me 3 PMs, 4 e-mails, and 7 requests to confirm I've received your information. Seven. Se7en.

facepalm-wallpaper.jpg