Hi Guys, am in the UK and am awaiting an item from the US. It is going to an APO address. Have been sent a USPS tracking number and was wondering if it is legit? Number is LC131XXX66XUS. Is this a correct format, obviously each X replaces a number. Many thanks, Aidan

Aiden,

Go to USPS.com copy and paste your number, or type it in the tracking box in the upper right corner, and if it is legit it will give you the information you need. If it is not real then it won't work.

Gonzalo

Aiden,

Go to USPS.com copy and paste your number, or type it in the tracking box in the upper right corner, and if it is legit it will give you the information you need. If it is not real then it won't work.

Gonzalo

Unfortunately this is the message I receive.

Delivery status information is not available for your item via this web site. A return receipt after mailing may be available through your local Post Office.

Unfortunately this is the message I receive.

Delivery status information is not available for your item via this web site. A return receipt after mailing may be available through your local Post Office.

I have had numbers sent to me that were missing digits. Best bet right now would be to contact the seller to see if they can verify the tracking number.

I just had a similar thing happen to me with a pkg coming from Korea it took about 3.5 days for the tracking info to post. I've never seen a Priority Mail tracking number with letters in it either but being its going to an APO it might be different.

Not to hijack this tread, but similar question. How do you go about

finding the tracking info on an item coming from Lucky Models which will end

up in the USPS system once it hits the states...?

Cheers,

Jerry

The USPS is very efficient. The number of digits you've shown reflect the number the USPS uses. I've found the tracking works well within the US but get sketchy once international borders are crossed because the recipients postal service may not use the same or any sort of tracking system. Tracking from say Lucky Model is a joke because they, Lucky Model, can estimate when the item should arrive but there are too many factors that can delay delivery like customs inspections. Hard to tell when a particular pallet will get inspected once it arrives at the port of entry. If a package is sent from the far east it can enter at one of a few entry points depending on which flight it was loaded on. Customs inspectors may not have the same numbers of people like say the Port of LA may have so inspections and release may take longer. Once the USPS gets it in their possession from the shipper and customs, delivery is usually pretty swift.

Here is the answer.

USPS priority in the USA, uses all nunbers for tracking, there are no leters.

For international shipping, the customs form number is used for tracking.

That number has two letters at the begining, numbers in between, and two letters at the end.

BUT, tracking is ony as good as the people scanning the package. I have had packages that were scanned only once

on their way to their destination so tracking was useless. The USPS tells you when shipping internationally, that tracking only really works while the package is in the USA. Once it leaves the USA, it's up to the other country to continue tracking.

Have tried number on and off over the weekend without success...until now. Thanks to all, Aidan

Track & Confirm

YOUR LABEL NUMBER

SERVICE

STATUS OF YOUR ITEM

DATE & TIME

FEATURES

LC13126XXXUS

Priority Mail®

Depart USPS Sort Facility

August 17, 2013

SANTA CLARITA, CA 91383

$50 insurance included

USPS Tracking / Delivery Confirmationâ„¢

Processed through USPS Sort Facility

August 17, 2013, 5:39 pm

SANTA CLARITA, CA 91383

Dispatched to Sort Facility

August 17, 2013, 3:37 pm

BURBANK, CA 91502

Acceptance

August 17, 2013, 12:49 pm

BURBANK, CA 91502

That's not a Priority mail tracking number. It is the # off the customs form that the seller filled out.

Did you take the ultra expensive Priority Intl? If you did then he would have an actual tracking number.

If you opted for First Class Intl. it is cheaper to send but there is no tracking # just the customs form # for what that is worth....

Max Bryant

That's not a Priority mail tracking number. It is the # off the customs form that the seller filled out.

Did you take the ultra expensive Priority Intl? If you did then he would have an actual tracking number.

If you opted for First Class Intl. it is cheaper to send but there is no tracking # just the customs form # for what that is worth....

Max Bryant

I beg to differ--that number is both a customs number and, per a recent upgrade to the USPS offerings, an international tracking number. Tracking is available for certain destinations, and you can get it not just for Priority Mail packages, but also for First Class packages.

Edited by Lucas C.