Trumpeter gives you a bunch of P.E. and a turned aluminum barrel right in the box in this kit, you dont really need any aftermarket bits at all.

so far I have the lower hull together. and of course I spotted all the flaws after I took the photos. the left headlight has been lowered to match the right. and most of the extra CA glue has been cleaned up from all the P.E bits. I really dont like photoetch. anyway here she is in all her glory. on to the turret next

DSC_9157-L.jpg

DSC_9148-L.jpg

DSC_9149-XL.jpg

Edited by dylan
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Great looking model. The T-64 is one of my favorites. I was an infantryman during the end of the cold war and used to have nightmares about sitting in a trench in W. Germany armed with a POS Dragon ATGM or just as crappy LAW while hundreds of T-64's were speeding towards me.

Looking forward to seeing it finished.

BTW, the rear track skirts seem to flare away from the sides, is that accurate? Never noticed it before.

John

thanks John

the rear skirts had to be seperated from the fenders so the sprokets and track could be added. something I noticed after the primer was on it.

Drewe its not nice to shame a guy before his kit is finished. :coolio:

I really like the paint chipping on your model, not overdone. did you use the kit tracks or aftermarket? I have the trumpy workable set, they are really nice

D

• 3 weeks later...