Zvezda MiG-29C new tool updates?

Based on the parts break down it is possible that there will be a follow up kit of 9-12 or whatever (two seater or SMT . . .). But I would not start saving for it just yet. The Su-27SM kit had/has in it the potential of earlier versions with a minimal change of parts and still it is nowhere in sight! Unfortunately Zvezda is not so fast. :(/>/> :(/>/>

I had seen some 3D rendering, or maybe just news, on a French forum, saying that Zvezda was working on the dual seat Su-27 family, with 2017 release in mind. Not quick I reckon.

You might have better intel than me, so I'll stand corrected if I am wrong. :)/>

Edited by Platycqb
it could be more quick if they would just stop on doing whatever T-34 variant,1/100 and so kits and whatever is not in 1/72 scale.

Thankfully, they don't stop and will continue! Some modelers have been waiting for those items as well.

I certainly will be getting a kit when it is available.

Regards,

I had seen some 3D rendering, or maybe just news, on a French forum, saying that Zvezda was working on the dual seat Su-27 family, with 2017 release in mind. Not quick I reckon.

You might have better intel than me, so I'll stand corrected if I am wrong. :)/>/>

I can only speak based on what I seen on the photos of the kit frames.

Had nothing to do with this so have no "inside" information but even if I had any I dont think I would be authorized to share it. Trust is a base of business relations (or so it should be!!!)

Have no idea what they are doing but if you look at the kit then you would expect that it is easy to do from it a 9-12 or a two seater with just few new parts.

Zvezda is not quick, unfortunately! :( :( :( Two years ago on our visit to Zvezda the plans of the Su-33 Naval Flanker were there on the designers comp (it was shown here on ARC at the time). Have you seen the kit released??? Details were designed for the early Su-27 versions. Have you seen the kit released? This was two years ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just hope that they will do the 9-12 also and this kit has the potentials for it. Have to add that I will be in for the 9-13 kit. :woot.gif: If you have a look at the 9-13's from early 90's, then you will see that there are so many subject to do. :thumbsup: It is unfortunate that the 9-13's which served here in Hungary were not so colourful as the ones in Germany.

Best regards

Gabor

And meanwhile Gabor; how many Su-27SM's or Su-27SM3's have you built?

Because i have built exactly 0 which pretty much disqualifies me personally from complaining about Zvezda being slow with new versions when i havent even built the first released version.

• 2 weeks later...

And meanwhile Gabor; how many Su-27SM's or Su-27SM3's have you built?

There are two airframes under construction with one in SM version while the other . . . This is not a race so I do what I like at my own pace. There are people who want to be the first no matter what. This is a hobby, something that one is doing for pleasure!

Best regards

Gabor

Damn, looks like a Swifts pilot will autograph some at that event. Guess some Russian modelers will have an actual compelling reason to keep a model kit box.

Hope the kit will actually be released soon afterwards, I want to grab a couple.

Me too.

Stop all this teasing us with the test shots.

Me too.

Stop all this teasing us with the test shots.

Well if word on the street is correct (and by street I mean Scalemodels.ru), then it'll be released right after the formal presentation January 4th. I'm going to keep an eye out on Russian sellers on ebay and zedval.com, since they stock stuff right after Zvezda announces it looooong before anybody in the West has it in stock.

Model will release today, but today is short working day here, in Russia, so in sale model will be only in few shops (at least 2-3 models shop), full sales will start 11 January - in Russia will be 10 days holydays from 31 December to 11 January.

And yes, model will show and sale in limited quantity 4 January - it will model contest in Moscow, i'm to be there for get model box with Swifts pilot autograph - but Rostov-on-Don from about 1200 kilometers from Moscow.

Edited by kotey

Model will release today, but today is short working day here, in Russia, so in sale model will be only in few shops (at least 2-3 models shop), full sales will start 11 January - in Russia will be 10 days holydays from 31 December to 11 January.

And yes, model will show and sale in limited quantity 4 January - it will model contest in Moscow, i'm to be there for get model box with Swifts pilot autograph - but Rostov-on-Don from about 1200 kilometers from Moscow.

Have a good journey Andrey! Envy you for the opportunity!

Best regards

Gabor

I hate T9 system at Android tablets - i'm misstyped - i'm mean "I'm wish to be there, but can't", so i'm stayed at home, starting 5 January we'll start print new batch of decals for this model.

Edited by kotey

Thank you, friends.

Markinng decals will be a little later, now i'm working on for stencil decals in three scales:

29stencil.jpg

As non-typical russian i'm wake up at 8.00 January 1, and start working.

Happy New Year to all!

Thank you, friends.

Markinng decals will be a little later, now i'm working on for stencil decals in three scales:

29stencil.jpg

As non-typical russian i'm wake up at 8.00 January 1, and start working.

Happy New Year to all!

I assume you mean working on my model? If that's the case, have fun! Looks like a real nice kit.