Zvezda MiG-29C new tool updates?

Yes, model is typical for MiG-29 9-13, all loadout too.

hi Andrey, I was wondering which could be a typical loadout for the 9.13...

for example, can I hang up 2x AA-11 Archer (outer pylons) + 2x AA-10 Alamo-C (mid pylons) + 2x AA-10 Alamo-D (inner pylons)?

:salute:

Alamos go on the inner pylons only.

For the middle and outer pylons, it's either Archers OR Aphids, but not a mixed load. Well, you can load a mix for display (and even fly with it!), but if you actually want to launch them, it's either/or. AFAIK, that's down to a limitation of the fire control system.

Alamos go on the inner pylons only.

For the middle and outer pylons, it's either Archers OR Aphids, but not a mixed load. Well, you can load a mix for display (and even fly with it!), but if you actually want to launch them, it's either/or. AFAIK, that's down to a limitation of the fire control system.

Yes, MiG-29 - 9-13 2xR-27R + 4xR-73 or 2XR-27R + 4XR-60; MiG-29 - 9-13S 2xR-27ER + 4xR-73 or 2XR-27ER + 4XR-60.

Edited by Alpagueur

Could a Russian speaker please translate ?

Сама модель МиГ-29 от Trumpeter впитала в себя ДНК китайских разработчиков и имеет "соответствующую" ДНК форму носовой части, фонаря, средненькую деталировку и красивую расшивку и клепку, нанесенную на модель по принципу "от балды".

Source: http://scalemodels.ru/articles/9412-obzor-zvezda-1-72-mig-29-9-13.html

This is what Google Translate gave me:

The very model of the MiG- 29 by Trumpeter absorbed the DNA of Chinese developers and a " proper " form DNA bow, lantern , mediocre and beautiful detailing unravel and riveting , applied to the model on the principle of " from the bulldozer ."

1. Sorry for mi initial English

2. It is not my word, i'm only translator.

The model from Trumpeter absorbed in itself DNA of the Chinese developers, nose part and canopy of this model "corresponding" this DNA, so it have so-so detailing (in accuracy mind), but wery beautiful

panele lines and rivert, which were placed at random (without comparison with a prototype).

Edited by kotey

The Trumpeter Fulcrum is a thing to behold with that riveting, really.

Looks like the Zvezda kit is already on ebay, albeit with a highly inflated price tag: http://www.ebay.com/itm/ZVEZDA-7278-RUSSIAN-FIGHTER-MIG-29-9-13-SCALE-MODEL-KIT-1-72-NEW-/191781702956?hash=item2ca7148d2c:g:2F4AAOSwT~9WlgSy

I mean it'll probably retail for $20 stateside, but if you want it right away I guess you'll have to dish out another $30.

Edited by beingthehero

Yes, it is a great and very detailed review of the kit by SilverGhost. There are some interesting comparisons in it with the real aircraft but the end verdict is that it is a great kit.

After the first test examples there have been some adjustments made to the press forms to further improve the kit. So the production examples going out into the shops in January should be even better.

If someone is interested yesterday there was a great Walkaround of operational MiG-29's at Domna airfield on scalemodels.ru. OK it is an off topic since it was of the 9.12 version but it is still very interesting including some very early airframes (note the ILS antenna under the nose).

http://scalemodels.ru/news/9719-Walkaround-mig-29-9-12-120-jj-giap-aviabaza-domna-chitinskaja-oblast-rossija.html

Best regards

Gabor

It's awesome to hear and read that they really seem to have succeeded.

The comparisons with photos of the real thing clearly proves it. Well done, Zvezda!

I'm especially glad they were very conservative what comes to riveting. I'd rather add it myself. Much easier, often much more accurate.

So conservative with the riveting that they didnt do any it seems. :P

Still think the cockpit idea was a horrible one and feels a bit rough around the edges in terms of production quality, which seems to be a common theme with the newer Zvezda kits.

The Trumpeter Fulcrum is a thing to behold with that riveting, really.

Looks like the Zvezda kit is already on ebay, albeit with a highly inflated price tag: http://www.ebay.com/itm/ZVEZDA-7278-RUSSIAN-FIGHTER-MIG-29-9-13-SCALE-MODEL-KIT-1-72-NEW-/191781702956?hash=item2ca7148d2c:g:2F4AAOSwT~9WlgSy

I mean it'll probably retail for $20 stateside, but if you want it right away I guess you'll have to dish out another $30.

Yes saw that one on Ebay, but I'm not desperate enough to pay an over inflated price.

• 3 weeks later...