Hello Guys, in this thread I will post build process of the new Miniart AEC armored vehicle. For those of you who haven't seen Jim's In-box video - http://goo.gl/XTLhDD (If someone is interested in pictures of some detail Jim hasn't photographed feel free to ask). I will be doing the Yugoslav vehicle, there are some problems with decals so I decided to use paint masks for markings ( Thanks to Mal of Miracle Masks). I will also be trying out some new techniques and stuff I haven't done before. Apart from a usual build process I will describe all changes I made.

I usually don't follow the Instructions regarding the order of bigger sub-assemblies so I started with the wheels. They are very well molded with quite awesome detail, there are some smaller things that need to be sanded. The lettering is outstanding, It can't be read with naked eye. ( The wheel is about 3.5 cm tall)

_DSC0770_zps4f29d709.jpg

_DSC0792_zps9c7adc8d.jpg

After detaching the sprue joints I discovered some small leftovers that needed sanding

_DSC0788_zps84f8922b.jpg

Here's a look after sanding I used some 600 grid sandpaper wrapped around my hobby knife for easier sanding ( Be careful not to sand 2 small bulges, you will need those to align other wheel parts).

_DSC0782_zps313b677e.jpg

Here's how the wheels are assembled, each front wheel is made out of 6 parts and the back ones of 8. Instructions are very clear and easy to follow.

_DSC0785_zps9b44272f.jpg

Front wheel assembly parts;

_DSC0780_zps59d3e247.jpg

After cleaning the parts and some dry fitting I discovered a problem. When you insert both parts in the main wheel part, one is sticking out. So here's a simple solution to fix that ( Don't sand too much, go slowly and test fit as much as you can).

(The pictures show front wheels assembly fix)

_DSC0784_zps2ce4e0fd.jpg

_DSC0783_zps5599525b.jpg

And finally, two finished wheels. It took me around 40 minutes with taking photos, the detail is really great after assembly and it's worth the time. Personally i like these wheels much more than ones molded in rubber.

_DSC0778_zps7db9b85d.jpg

_DSC0789_zpsfb2ce030.jpg

That's part 1, I hope you liked it. All suggestion, comments and critiques are more than welcome. Also I'd be grateful if someone has some detail or general shots of the vehicle.

Kind regards, Sven.

:-H